21.

TWENTY-ONE; I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW

"What did you two talk about?" Diego asked once he returned to the main room, where Sabrina was sitting by the fire, trying to warm herself up. To grab her attention, he placed his hand on her shoulder and she jumped slightly, moving her head to look up at him. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I, uh, showed him my powers," she muttered. He nodded once, massaging her head with his thumb before he trailed to the couch to lie down. She was tired; like she usually was after using her abilities, so he knew it was best to leave her to collect herself for a few minutes. He exhaled and cracked his knuckles, allowing silence to fall over the room. 

 The peace only lasted mere moments, though.

Sabrina's ears perked as she heard a thudding noise coming from above her. It eventually melded into a beat, one that she recognised from her youth. She turned her head and looked back at Diego, who had paused for a moment, as he too listened to the booming bass. "Is this-"

"Uh-huh," Diego sat up, glancing back at her. She smiled a little.  

Children behave
That's what they say when we're together
And watch how you play
They don't understand

Diego got to his feet and crept towards the doors that lead into the sitting room. He shut them as quietly as he could as the music grew even louder, before he spun on his heels and met the gaze of Sabrina. Suddenly, a grin spread across his face and he held his hand out towards her, gesturing for her to take it. Sabrina chuckled softly, pushing herself up and jumping forward to meet him in the middle. 

Grabbing his hand, she laughed as he twirled her around. Her hips swung to the music that bled through the walls, her eyes shutting as she began moving her arms in a snake like fashion. 

I think we're alone now, there doesn't seem to be anyone around. 

She skipped to the end of the room and jumped up and down as Diego threw her an invisible fishing line, drawing her in. It brought her great joy to see him letting loose in the place that brought him so much hurt. He moved around like a blob of slime, but there was some strange skill that made him look like he could actually dance. He was moving far better than she was, anyway.  

Another giggle escaped her as she watched Diego leaping around with his eyes shut, and she bounded towards him, grabbing him by the hand. He pulled her closer, and opened his eyes, staring down at her. They were still for a moment, and Sabrina felt the urge to lean forward a little. 

Diego's eyes flickered down to her lips, and he seemed to get the same idea. "Would you hate me if I kissed you right now?"

Sabrina couldn't help the grin that crept onto her face. She shook her head, and Diego chuckled, continuing to lean in. 

Their lips barely brushed before the lights completely went out. Sabrina gasped a little as she sensed an incredibly dangerous force and grabbed hold of Diego's arms, pulling away quickly and whipping her head around to see a bright blue light streaming in from the windows. "Oh my god, what was that?"