03.

three; fredrick and his grandmother

Sabrina's boots hit the pavement, causing water to shoot up into the air and drench the bottom of her dungarees. The brunette was relatively careless when exiting her apartment so late at night, her ears blocked by headphones that were blasting something by Evermore. She had her hands tucked deep into her pockets and her hair tied up in two loose braids. To put it lightly, she was unintentionally dressed like a pretentious prick.

Perhaps it was stupid of her to be wandering the streets of the city so late at night, but she had come to stop caring. She could handle herself, and besides, so what if she got shot? She was bound to die sometime, why try and stop it?

She could see the luminescent sign of Griddy's Doughnuts about two hundred feet down the street, and she shivered slightly, excited to enter the warmth of the establishment. It was practically a second home to her, having gone there since she had arrived five years ago. Agnes, the waitress, was kind and sometimes gave her a free snack at the end of the day.

"Hey, fairy princess lady!" someone yelled, but Sabrina didn't hear them, they were but a muffled voice behind her music. She hummed to herself as she drew closer to the business, her eyes not resting on anything in particular. She was perfectly harmless, and a perfect object of abuse to any lingering criminals. "Hey! Look out!"

Sabrina glanced to her right, and she paused momentarily when she saw a moving shadow. She tilted her head and pulled her headphones from her ears, letting them rest around her neck. She squinted a little down the alleyway, and she felt her heartbeat pick up a little as she felt a sense of danger.

Just walk away, idiot.

Sabrina ignored the voice in her head and took a curious step forward.

Stop walking towards the dodgy shadow! You have a goddamn superpower that helps you sense of danger! Just keep walking, dumbass.

"Shut up," Sabrina muttered to herself, before pulling her hands out of her pockets and tucking a flyaway piece of hair behind her ear. "Hello?"

'Hello?' Really? Haven't you ever seen a horror movie?

Sabrina rolled her eyes and cleared her throat. "Hey, you alright there, pal?"

No wonder you've only got a single brain cell left.

She hummed softly, tapping her foot to the beat of the song that was still bleeding through her headphones.

"Hey, Princess!"

Sabrina turned her head, ready to snap at what she suspected to be a catcaller, only to pause when she saw the strange man in black strolling her way.

Suddenly, her sense of danger shot up, and she turned back to the shadow, which had now become a tall, menacing man with a few strands of hair and a gun in his hand. She pursed her lips and smiled a little, now feeling a rush of adrenaline.