10.

TEN; SABRINA IS INCREDIBLY INCAPABLE AND ALSO A DUMBASS

Sabrina nodded her head to the beat of the music that travelled throughout her apartment. She practically flew between the two main rooms, trying to find the little bits and bobs she needed to take with her. She wore her blue hoodie under her leather jacket, with her hair tucked behind her ears and a pair of Doctor Martens on her feet. She knew she had to be comfortable, yet badass. It was a cooler outfit than Diego had, to say the least.

Skidding to a halt to check her reflection in the mirror in her bedroom, Sabrina pouted her lips and pulled finger guns dramatically. "Freeze, pal. Get your hands up. Who am I? Oh, I'm the Reverie. What's your worst-"

She stopped in the middle of her sentence. Shit, that was a lucky catch.

Straightening her posture and brushing off imaginary dust from her jacket, Sabrina stared herself in the eye and smiled encouragingly. "You can do this. You can do this."

The woman then turned around and walked back into the lounge, picking up the protein bar she had left on the coffee table and the switchblade she had bought from a garage sale from the kitchen bench. She had everything she needed, and she didn't need to worry about her dog, as Gary was well fed and fast asleep in his bed, content with his adventures of the day.

As she grabbed her keys from the metal hand sculpture she kept by the doorway, Sabrina's eyes flickered to the phone on her wall. Her mind unwillingly wandered to the person who would hate her for what she was about to do.

Maybe you should call him. Letting him know is the smartest thing a dumbass like you could do.

Groaning, Sabrina stomped towards the device and picked it up, dialing the number she knew off by heart. She put the receiver up to her ear and listening to the ringing. Would he pick up? Probably not. He was usually out saving the city around this time of night.

"It's Diego. Leave a message," came the short recording for his voicemail, and Sabrina smiled a little, hoping rushing through her body once more.

"Hey, big D..." she began, though she quickly trailed off. That wasn't the best nickname to start the one sided conversation on. "Uh, Diego. It's Brie. Just wanted to say that I'm going on my first mission-thing tonight. By myself. If you don't want me to go alone, that's fine, but you're gonna have to tell me in the next three seconds, cause I'm about to leave. One, two, two and a half, three. Oops! You missed me, I'll let you know how it went tomorrow! Deuces, Diego!"

She hung up the phone and let the weight from her shoulders drop. Well, at least if he got angry at her for not telling him, he'd be in the wrong. She did let him know, it just wasn't executed in the best way.

★☆

It was a good night.

Well, it wasn't a good night in the sense that she was surrounded by a local gang, who all had knives and guns and practically any other weapon to harm her in existence. But, gosh, the thrill! Sabrina hated the fact that she was enjoying this. So, to her, it was pretty damn cool.