25.

TWENTY-FIVE; WHEN DREAM AND REALITY COINCIDE

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Sabrina asked anxiously, scratching the back of her head. She stood in the centre of her apartment, all of her furniture moved out of the way so that the ground was clear. "I don't know how...wrong it could go."

"Brie, it's gonna be fine," Alicia assured the woman, smiling from where she and Sisco were standing. They had agreed to help her with her training once they had learned of the book she had received from Reggie, and despite some irritation with the woman for not being completely truthful, they were more than happy to oblige. "We used to do this all the time. The worst I got were a couple of scratches."

That did help a little. Sabrina's gaze flickered to Sisco, who seemed more focused on the flock of birds being documented on the television behind them than the fact that he was about to be a lab rat in an ability experiment.

"Where's Diego?" Alicia piped up once more, and Sabrina scratched the back of her head. In truth, she didn't know where the man was. He said he was going to be at her apartment that morning, but he hadn't showed. She wasn't particularly worried, or even hurt. She knew he had a job to do that didn't have a clock out time, so there was a chance he may not even turn up.

"Probably busy," she responded with ease. "He might come a little later on."

Alicia and Sisco exchanged a look she couldn't describe, and she opened her mouth to further justify Diego's absence, though she was interrupted by a key jangling in the front door.

Lo and behold, Diego Hargreeves appeared with a huge bag slung over his shoulder and a cardboard tray of hot drinks. "Sorry I'm late!"

Alicia looked over at her sister to see an expression of pure joy. The woman smiled, not having seen Sabrina like that in a long time. She bounded forward as the man entered the apartment, helping him with his bag as he slipped his shoes off by the door.

"I brought hot chocolate," he muttered, sliding the drinks onto the kitchen bench. "I, uh, don't know what you two like, so I got soy, regular and almond milk. Oh, and extra marshmallows for Brie."

"Wait a second," Sisco looked over at the man, squinting a little. "You're the kid who's been pissing Eudora off."

Diego grinned. "That's me. Nice to see you, Officer."

"Wait, this is Diego?" Sisco turned to Sabrina, who appeared quite sheepish in that moment. "Why didn't you tell me that your 'bestie' was a self proclaimed vigilante? Don't tell me you've been getting messed up in the crime shit again. You've already been shot, and that's just what I know of."

"It's fine, Sisco," she assured him. "I'm not getting back out there. That was dumb of me."

"No shit," All three surrounding her snorted in amusement. Diego looked over and handed her the special hot chocolate. "That's soy, by the way. I don't need you shitting yourself halfway through this."