12.

TWELVE; SABRINA V

TWELVE; SABRINA V. REGGIE: CAGE MATCH

"You know, when I thought about being carried through a big house by a pretty dude, I assumed it would be under different circumstances," Sabrina hummed as she clung onto Diego's neck. He was carrying her with one arm under her knees and the other supporting her back; was it comfortable? No, but at least she didn't have to walk. "At least I know you won't drop me."

Diego tried to smile, but it was clear he was nervous. Nervous because she was speaking to his father alone. He couldn't protect her, help her, support her. He knew she'd be fine, she could take care of herself regarding wit and charm (it was quite clear she was an idiot otherwise), it was his father he was concerned about. He was a monster, an abuser, a general, all round piece of shit.

"Listen," he began as they drew closer to Reginald's office. "You don't have to say anything you don't want. I'll be right outside the door, okay?"

"Thanks, Diego," Sabrina couldn't help but stare at the side of his face. Damn, he was handsome. "You've got a lovely jawline."

"Thanks, baby," the man chuckled softly, and Sabrina could've sworn she melted right there. Before long, they reached the door to the study, and Diego set Sabrina on her feet. She winced in discomfort at the sudden pressure, so he supported her shoulders and used his foot to knock on the door. "We were never allowed in here. I don't know if you're lucky or unlucky."

"Let's hope it's not the latter," Sabrina muttered in response as she got tired of waiting and opened the door herself. At the end of the room sat Reginald in all his glory. He was surrounded by paper and unfinished pieces of technology, far messier than she thought a billionaire would be. "Afternoon, Reggie! Can I call you Reggie?"

"No," Reginald scowled, and Sabrina parted from Diego, shuffling in agonising pain. She barely had time to overlook the interior, though she really didn't care. It was probably ugly and far too expensive, so why waste her time? "I see your legs are better."

"A bit bloody sore, but otherwise fine," Sabrina wheezed as she collapsed onto the chair on the opposite side of his desk. She heard the doors shut, but she didn't look back. Her eyes scanned the desk for any sign of alcohol, and when she saw a bottle of what appeared to be vodka, she gestured towards it, and Reginald rolled his eyes and nodded. Grinning, the woman poured herself a glass took a good gulp. "So, how're we today, Reggie?"

"No. Sir Hargreeves."

"Eh, Reggie's fine."

Reginald sighed irritably, gripping his pen so tight his fist was turning white. "You said you were born in Sweden. I want to know everything about you; your mother, any other family members, experiences, when you gained your powers, etcetera."

Sabrina leaned back in the seat and crossed her arms, making an odd sound as she thought about it. "You know how kids are born cause two people bang it out? Well, my mum had only done that once, and the dude was an asshole. He left her and my older sister in Dammig, leaving to go to Spain for a while to study. A few years later, my mum was in church of all places, when she popped me out of her cooch. She wasn't even pregnant, it was some crazy cursed bullshit, that's what my grandmother told me anyway."