04.

four; what if i used my powers to fight crime?

"Nope, nope, nope," Sisco shook his head, picking up his cup of coffee and sauntering over to the table in Pippins Café. It was just him and Sabrina, who was trying to secure her first working day in the precinct. It hadn't been too hard to get a job in the filing office, and considering how close she was with Sisco, he was able to give her a good recommendation. She just had to figure out what days and times she was going to be working; that was pretty much it.

"But don't you think it's a cool idea?" Sabrina insisted, waving her fork in the air, causing little brownie crumbs to fly through the air. Lowering her voice, Sabrina leaned forward to stare the middle aged man in the eye. She was really trying to get him on board with her suggestion, though she was losing hope. "C'mon! This could work out great for us!"

"Not for us, for you," Sisco quirked his eyebrow, before chuckling softly. When the woman had approached him that morning with the mischievous glint in her eyes, he knew she was up to no good. "There's no way in hell I'm gonna let you parade around like that Hargreeves guy. You're a museum guide, not a vigilante."

"But I could help with all the bullshit going on around town!" she exclaimed, and Sisco hushed her before her voice grew too loud and drew attention to them. Sabrina groaned dramatically, falling back against the chair. "I could do some real good, Sisco."

"You do enough good already," Sisco assured her, staring her dead in the eye. He often acted as a fatherly figure for her considering she'd never had one before. Her birth was a miracle, and the fact that there was no one for her to know as her dad meant she often clung to people she hoped would take care of her. Sisco was the only one who actually seemed to genuinely care. "You've been through more than enough hardship to last anyone else four lifetimes, kid. Just...sit this one out. Leave it to the cops to help people. I want you to stay out of trouble, you get into enough as it is."

Sabrina sighed, averting her eyes to her iced coffee. She held the straw between her finger and her thumb and swirling the brown liquid around, trying to find something to say that would ease Sisco's nerves. "Fine."

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you're not gonna be a dumbass," Sisco cleared his throat, clicking her fingers in front of Sabrina's face so that she would listen to him. Her eyes flickered up and met his, causing her shoulders to deflate a little in defeat.

"I'm not gonna be a dumbass," she muttered, and he held her gaze for a moment to be sure, before he nodded once.

"Good," he responded, pushing himself up from the table. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick, okay?"

Sabrina watched him walk off, before a small smile appeared on her lips. "I'm not gonna be a dumbass, I'm gonna be a badass."

Oh for fuck's sake. The voice in her head grumbled, but she ignored it, sitting up a little straighter as confidence surged through her.