Chapter 35 - Miracle Did Happen

A few hours after Todoroki left,
Hospital of Hosu,
Afternoon...

Midoriya's POV

I only stared at my phone screen sadly, feeling so lonely with no one to chat with. Everyone else was still doing their internship except for me and Iida-kun. Even though Iida-kun was free, I didn't want to bother him. He needed to rest properly.

But still... How long can I survive in this lonely, depressing situation?

Ah, how I hope miracle happens and someone comes to visit me or something... I'm gonna die in loneliness at this state!

And so miracle DID happen.

I was lost in my little world that I didn't hear the door cricked open at all. I was so deep in my own thoughts, I mean, VERY DEEP. I kept muttering something that I, myself didn't even understand...

...when I heard his voice.

"Icchan baby..." Tenko-nii called me out sadly. Suspensely, I turned around only to see my dear lover standing before me with a bouquet of red roses in his hand. "Tenko...nii...?" I didn't know how to react. I was very happy, sad and moved.

Globs of tears leaked out of my viridian eyes while my palms clamped my mouth to stop myself from screaming. My villainous boyfriend smiled at me warmly before slowly approaching me.

As soon as he was closed enough to me, without wasting even a breath, I embraced him tightly, desperately seeking his warmth that I missed a lot.

I sobbed in his chest as my hand clutched his black tops firmly. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." I muttered in guilt, begging for his forgiveness. Tenko-nii hugged me back kindly. "Icchan, it wasn't your fault... I'm the one to be blamed. I was too immature..." He whispered words of comfort into my ear to calm me down.
Why can't I leave him?
Why can't I hate him?
Why can't I forget him?
Why did I keep missing him?
Why can't I move on?

All of these questions kept lingering in my mind for these past couple of days after Tenko-nii left me...

And now I got the answer. It's simple... So simple that I don't even notice all this time...

It's all because I love him...

I broke the hug, still sniffling like a small child. A happy smile mustered on my lips at last. "Thank you... For coming back to me..." I said feeling grateful, wiping off the tears that trickled on my cheeks.

"Icchan... I-I'm sorry for acting out of control back then... I... I..." Tenko-nii looked extremely guilty about his past action toward me before. I noticed that he was trying to hold back his tears. I immediately cupped his cheeks with my soft hands. "It's fine... I'm happy to see you again and I've always forgave you, Tenko-nii..." I confessed in happiness.

"No... Don't forgive so easily like this, Icchan... I-I don't want to repeat the same mistake in the future..." Tenko-nii spoke up in seriousness. He finally realized his mistake and wanted to change.

"Then... Can you tell me something? And I hope you don't feel offended by this..." I said in dilemma, looking down to my legs. Tenko-nii hummed at me as his reply. "Tenko-nii... Why did you hate heroes?" I cowardly questioned him about his pure hatred toward hero.

Tenko-nii was very shocked. He was completely caught off guard by my unexpectable question. "Icchan... Please anything but this... I don't want to hurt your feelings again like before..." He didn't like the idea of me asking about personal thing but I shook my head, showing how determined and curious I was about his past.