Chapter 54 - A Last Farewell

A/N- Please play the song! So that you can feel more emotional 😉

____________________________

Next day,
Morning,
League of Villains' hideout,
In the lab...

Tenko's/Tomura's POV

My eyes immediately opened when I sensed something hitting my head. I raised up my head in hurry to see the thing that hit my head and to my surprise, it was Icchan's foot.

Ah, I forgot... I literally fell asleep while waiting for her to wake up...

"Icchan...?" I called her out, hoping that she finally woke up from her slumber. It really tormented me to wait for her longer. I wanted to see her smile and heard her laughing happily again.

I brought the chair closer to her bed, stroking her thick dark green locks affectionately. "Baby girl, open you eyes please..." I pleaded in desperation as I hoped, Icchan slowly parted her tightly-closed eyes. Her beautiful emerald irises darted to me, gazing my face sleepily.

"Ten...ko...nii..." Icchan murmured croakily, her eyes told me how confused her now. I displayed a warm smile for her. "Yes, it's me, Icchan. How are you feeling now?" I asked her kindly.

"I felt... Happy..." She answered weakly, a tear leaving her jade green eyes. "I was happy... That I could see you... Again..." She smiled, it was just a small smile yet it fully expressed how grateful and happy she was. It was the most beautiful smile of hers I had ever witnessed.

Icchan carefully sat up herself on the bed she had been laying for the past two days. "Wait, you shouldn't push yourself, Icchan." I told her in concern. "It's fine. I'm okay now." She assured, looking at me with a confident grin.

Icchan suddenly fell into silence, staring at the bed sheets long. "You know what, Tenko-nii... Back then, the time I got shot by Kacchan's explosion, and then instantly fell on the verge of death, I was... Extremely scared..." She confessed, her scarred hands clutched full-ball fists onto the sheets.

"Scared...?" I asked my green lover, still puzzled by her words. "I was scared... That I could never see this world ever again..." My eyes widened slightly at her statement. "Back then, the only things that came into my mind were... Mom, All Might... And my friends... And you..." She looked down on her hands, her hair foreshadowing her glimmering viridian eyes with tears rolling down her soft cheeks.

"I was on the verge of death... I was terrified, I felt very guilty... Because I have to leave this world without saying my apologies and last goodbyes to all people I love and treasure... Without telling them how much I love them... And the thing I feared the most was..." Icchan turned to look at me with crystal tears flooding her eyes. She cupped my cheeks with her warm hands.

"...leaving you, Tenko-nii... I... I don't want that to happen!" Icchan cried out miserably before wrapping her arms around my shoulders desperately. "I don't want to leave you... I want to stay by your side..." She sobbed as she tightened the embrace. Now, I could feel globs of tears threatened me to spill out of my crimson eyes. My tremblings arms carefully embraced Icchan, placing both hands on her small back.

"Icchan..." I uttered her name silently under my breath, a tear escaping my right eye. "Me too... I don't want to leave you... So let me live with you. Let's start a new life...together." I confessed with a sad yet happy smile, my tears finally flowed down from my eyes.

I'll stay with you... No matter what it takes... I won't leave you, Icchan.

.....