Chapter 11

Ella's POV

I woke up to the sound of pots and spoons clanging, and don't forget the smooth rhythm of reggae music.

One of my parents is home, or maybe both. Nah, my moms definitely home, my dad doesn't make this much extra noise while cooking. I swear this lady does it on purpose knowing I'm asleep.

I groaned as I rolled over checking my phone. Of course no new messages, unlocking it I began scrolling through social media.

Ah it's sad that this is the first thing we do every morning. I'm not saying I'm against it or I'm going to stop it. It's just sad how technology and social media controls the aspects of our lives, but you didn't hear me say nuthin.

The smell of whatever my mom was making with all that noise caused my stomach to rumble. I quickly got up and out of my room. Brushing my teeth and attempting to making myself look a little better, pushing my hair into a bun and washing my face, I walked into the kitchen.

My future sister in law Lily, was sitting at the table eating as my mom places a plate of scrambled eggs down.

"Mañana bella durmiente."
"Morning sleeping beauty."

"Buenos días," I said yawning as I stared at all the food with a grin.
"Good morning."

I should be going away more often, I like this treatment.

I got a plate and began piling it with pancakes, eggs, and potatoes. I know potatoes weird, but my mama makes a great home fries.

Speaking of her she scowled me as she saw my plate and put a small bowl of cut up fruits next to it.
Lily snickered as I glared at her.

If you haven't noticed yet, I LOVE food. It's great, but don't blame me. I grew up in an Latina-Jamaican family and household, there's always tons of food, my parents did this to me.

Yet, they always have the audacity to call me fat and warn me about how I'm eating, hm. It's their faults.

I mean what is fat anyway. We all have it in our bodies, asses, and boobs. It's what makes you look good honestly. I mean skinny girls got it too, they can literally wear anything and look good. It's crazy, maybe if we started actually loving our bodies and promoting that love into the world, and social media how much of a change it could make, but that's none of my business I guess.

I'm not over weight but I'm not at the weight I should be at. I have a little extra skin to me but I don't hate my body, I mean I don't love it, I could be better, but I embrace it. It is what it is, and I love my culture and self too much to put myself on weird diets and through hours of hate on my body to look better.

I plopped a grape into my mouth and smiled forcefully at my mom as she rolled her eyes walking away. I then went back to eating my pancakes.

"So tell me about this school?" Lily questioned.

Ugh I didn't even leave yet and I'm tired of hearing about it. I didn't know much about it nor what to say. I just wanted to spend whatever time I have left with my family and be relaxed and happy.

I repeated all the good shit Adrian and Mrs. Tilley, the lady in meeting said about the school. She seemed impressed by it, honestly so was I. I hope it's all true, the pictures looked great I think that's what sold my dad. The picture perfect environment, if only he knew.

My mom sat down with us as we began planning our day.

________________________________