Chapter 22

Ella's POV

Its a fresh week after Thanksgiving and boy can werewolves eat. The food options were countless and limitless apparently, I'm still full from the weekend of eating. It was nice seeing the pack come together and seeing them interact with one another, it makes all of the risks and changes I made moving here worth it. I did feel a bit sad seeing all the families, not being able to celebrate with my own.
My parents and brother called expressing how much they missed me and how they spend the holiday filled with eating. I put on a brave face and reciprocated how happy I was talking about the fake new friends I've made. At least I didn't lie about all the great food.

After applying my everyday makeup consisting of brows, concealer, and lashes I began applying hair product into my wet hair. Scrunching different gels and creams with shea butter, jamaican castor oil, coconut curling cream, and all the other natural ingredients incorporated in my many hair products. I grabbed my bag tossing in books I need lying around my room with my wallet and lip gloss, can't forget that. I pulled on my creme knitted cardigan over distressed denim jeans with a simple body suit.

Giving myself a once over I spritz a little perfume on and walked out the door a little behind schedule due to my last minute decision of washing my hair

I could hear the chattering of the pack coming from the kitchen as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. It lowered a bit as they all looked over to see who walked into the kitchen giving me a once over before continuing to their conversations. This made me extremely uncomfortable, but it was a normal daily occurrence to which I got used to.

I walked around the kitchen placing a few slices of toast, eggs, and fruit on my plate before sitting down besides Chloe at my usual spot. I practically glue myself near Chloe and Blake in large pack gatherings such as breakfast or dinner, being as they are the only two I truly talk to. Unfortunately though that meant I had to see Colton almost all the time among other pack warriors they sat with, and Shelby was stuck to Colton's hip or shall I say dick so she was always there with her little groupies. I ignore them and just conversed with Chloe most of the time as she didn't talk to them either, so it worked out thankfully.

I glanced at Alpha Adrian engaged in a conversation with his beta.
Yes I've finally learned most pack terms and phrases in the whole werewolf world. I have a lot of time bored in my room so my curiosity of this world was being answered by the books Luna Aubrey required me to read. But I still do have a lot of questions.

Such as, why am I here? What's my connection to saving the pack? I've been trying to talk to Alpha Adrian for a while now, but decided against it because of Thanksgiving and he was busy with meetings Blake and Chloe informed me.

However, I needed answers and I plan on speaking with him ASAP, but I was just a bit afraid of asking him in front of all these people to speak with him alone. Maybe when I see him with a way lesser amount of pack members or alone would be a good time.