EXTENDED SUMMARY

CADENCE DELACROIX had lived in New Orleans her entire life

CADENCE DELACROIX had lived in New Orleans her entire life. At the age of 8, while other witches her age were learning the basics of what it meant to be a member of the New Orleans French Quarter Coven, Cadence found herself unable to perform magic, not even the simplest of spells.

One day, she had gotten into a fight with another witch her age. Following the girl had calling her a psycho, Cadence ended up consuming some of the magic from the girl as the majority of the coven watched the scene in horror. Soon after, her coven figured out that the girl was not just any witch, but a siphoner, which led to her coven shunning her out while her parents didn't do a single thing to stop it.

Months later, Father Kieran found the girl living on the streets of the French Quarter, on her own at such a young age and took her in. He fostered her as best as he could, but Cadence was a magnet for danger and chaos.

As a result her abandonment issues, she yearned for love and affection, more than anyone around her was able to give.

At 17, she found herself falling in love with a werewolf, one that hadn't triggered his curse yet, which meant he hadn't been affected by the Crescent Curse. Soon enough, she was with child. With her luck, just days after telling her boyfriend of the news, he ended up killing a witch while protecting Cadence. This led to the triggering of his curse, causing him to turn into a wolf and stay that way every day but the night of the full moon.

Cadence was left alone and finally, she was forced to tell Father Kieran of the news. Not knowing what to do, he asked Marcel Gerard for help. He was, after all, the King of the French Quarter.

Marcel helped the girl as best as he could, knowing exactly how she felt. He knew exactly what it felt like to be an outcast. He let her stay at the compound for three whole years. They grew close and Marcel saw the girl as both a daughter figure and a friend.

When Marcel felt as though it wasn't safe for Cadence to be raising twin boys in a house full of vampires any longer, he compelled the girl a high school diploma, just so she would be able to get a job. He helped her obtain an apartment in the quarter, and even a compelled nanny.

With this, Cadence was set for life. At 20, she was able to get a job at Rousseau's, even though she was underage. The place paid well, which helped pay for the expenses to raise two twin boys.

About a year later, news of the Original family's arrival spread throughout the French Quarter. Cadence wanted nothing more than to stay out of the drama that had involved the Originals. But of course, just as she's always been, Cadence was a magnet for danger. One night, she was walking home from work when a vampire that was clearly not one of Marcel's came up behind her, planning to feed on her.

Klaus was walking by and usually, he would have just went on his merrily way, not caring for the girl, but something drew him to her.

The way she fought back astonished him. She was a witch, with no power, yet she put up such a strong fight. A red glow appeared at the palm of her hands as she gripped onto the man's arm. She siphoned some magic that came from his vampirism and used the little amount of magic to throw him off of her.

He recovered quickly and as he went to attack her again, Klaus sped over, ripping the man's heart out.

He allowed the heart to drop to the ground as Cadence stared at him in shock, "Well, that's no way to treat a lady, is it?"

With that, the story of Klaus Mikaelson and Cadence Delacroix began.

And it wouldn't be years until that story fully came to an end.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm starting this story back up!!!