15

OUTCASTS
— 15. Le Grand Guignol

  Two days had passed since Cadence had driven Papa Tunde's blade through Klaus' heart

  Two days had passed since Cadence had driven Papa Tunde's blade through Klaus' heart. She feared the thought of him not forgiving her and killing her for what she had done. Because of that, she stayed inside her apartment with her sons and didn't leave, even when Elijah had asked her to help them find Klaus and Rebekah, who had also been taken by the witches.

Though once two days had passed, Elijah had called her again, informing her that they had found Rebekah and Klaus, who was hell-bent on killing his sister after he learned of her betrayal that occurred long ago.

Cadence was hesitant to do so, but soon enough, she overcame her fear and arrived at the Abbatoir. She walked in and glanced around, wondering where Elijah was.

"Cadence," A voice suddenly called out, causing Cadence to turn to see Elijah standing close by, "Please, come."

Cadence nodded, wasting no time following him as he led her to Klaus' room. "Why did you call me?" She asked him, a concerned look on her face.

"I need your help," Elijah informed her in a calm tone.

"I don't have time for games, Elijah. This is the last place I should be," She snapped at him coldly, "The witches are after my sons more than ever and Klaus might just want to kill me for betraying him. Not to mention, my uncle has been hexed and I learned about it too late to try and siphon it away."

"My brother has a mystical torture buried in his chest, and the mother of his child is inexplicably missing," Elijah explained to Cadence in an impatient tone, clearly in a hurry, "So, I can assure you, I have no time to play any games, either."

Cadence was silent for a long moment as she stared at Elijah. She sighed softly, just before speaking up. "What do you need me to do?"

It wasn't long before they arrived in Klaus' room, where he laid unconscious in bed with Papa Tude's blade in his chest. "So you're telling me you stabbed him with the knife, even after it was taken out of him?" Cadence asked Elijah, a confused look on her face.

"And every second it remains causes Niklaus untold suffering," Elijah informed her as he began to roll up his sleeves, "Now, I intend to remove it. You might want to take a step back."

"Don't have to tell me twice," She muttered under her breath as she took a large step back, "Why am I here, Elijah?"

"Well, because of all the people that could be here, you're probably the only one he wouldn't slaughter," Elijah replied, causing Cadence to let out a large scoff.

"I'm the reason he was stabbed the first time around. Of course, he wants to kill me," Cadence argued, only to watch as Elijah shook his head.

"Oh, I beg to differ. You're the only one in New Orleans Klaus truly trusts," He replied, causing Cadence's eyes to widen in surprise. She looked down, watching as Elijah used a surgical knife to cut into Klaus' chest. She made a disgusted face, watching Klaus gasp and croak as he did so.