13

OUTCASTS
— 13. Dance Back from the Grave

    At the compound, Marcel was walking down the stairs with a bottle of bourbon in his hand

    At the compound, Marcel was walking down the stairs with a bottle of bourbon in his hand. Numerous vampires were standing in the courtyard after being summoned and the moment he locked eyes on Marcel, Diego walked toward his sire. "Hey, Marcel, maybe you know that's going on. Klaus ordered us to meet here, and now he's a no-show."

"What do you want from me?" Marcel asked in a bored tone, "It's a new regime. Get used to it."

Diego gave Marcel a weird look, watching as Marcel sat down at a table with a blank look on his face.

"Dearest Brethren, your attention, please," Klaus suddenly spoke up, causing everyone's head to turn to see him standing with Thierry, "No doubt, you're all surprised to see Thierry Vanchure, who's supposed to be rotting in the garden, for the crime of killing one of our own, and I personally decided to issue him with a pardon. I hope you'll all welcome home Thierry. Welcome home, mate."

The vampire began to cheer and clap, happy to see Thierry back with them. Thierry smiled widely, rushing to hug Diego.

Marcel sighed dramatically, looking up at Klaus, who made his way over to him with a smile on his face. "You're in a good mood," He commented, which only made Klaus' smile to become wider, "Whatever magic Cadence's been working on you lately, I hope she keeps doing it," He paused, rolling his eyes as he began to speak in a mutter, "Saves us all a lot of trouble."

"Well, however much I enjoy spending time with her, I have pressing responsibilities here," Klaus reminded Marcel in a calm tone, earning an annoyed look from Marcel.

Klaus took a deep breath, beginning to speak louder as he turned to address the other vampires. "Now, as you all know, the witch Davina is no longer with us. Without Davina, we no longer monitor the activity of our witch neighbors. However, since their harvest failed, their magic will soon be gone forever. Until then, I say we keep them on their toes," He explained, beginning to walk toward Diego, "Diego, I wonder if you might lead a rousting in the cauldron."

Diego smiled, clapping his hands together as he felt delighted by the order given. "Let's do it!"

Just then, Marcel stood up, taking his glass and his bottle of bourbon with him. He began to walk away, Klaus following soon after him to confront him.

_____

    At her apartment, Cadence was sitting with Hayden and Hunter, having lunch. "When are we gonna get to leave the apartment?" Hayden asked, an annoyed look on her face, "I know Hunter had a dream, but I wanna go out. I'm bored."

"There's been no news about the Harvest girls being back. It might mean someone else has been resurrected. I can't risk it. They might be after you," Cadence explained to them truthfully. They might have been young, but she knew they still understood.