8

OUTCASTS
— 08. Allegiance

    Several moments had passed and Klaus continued to search for Cadence and Tyler's whereabouts

Several moments had passed and Klaus continued to search for Cadence and Tyler's whereabouts. He wasn't able to track either of their scents, which in a way, worried him.

"This is between us," Klaus called out as he continued to search through numerous tents, "Leave the witch out of this. Hand her over and we'll end this once and for all."

Before Klaus could react, Tyler had stabbed him with a wooden stake straight through the back. He yelled out in agony, only to whip himself around and backhand Tyler. Tyler was thrown several feet away and Klaus used that time to recover.

He yelled out in pain as he pulled it out from the front. He looked ahead at Tyler, who was now standing upright. Klaus didn't take his eyes off the younger hybrid as he tossed the blood-stained stake to the ground, his hybrid eyes beginning to appear.

"I'll ask you this once," Klaus spoke up in a threatening tone, "Where did you bring the witch?"

"And what makes you think I'll tell you that?" Tyler snapped at Klaus, his eyes beginning to glow as well.

"Let's end this, then, shall we?" Klaus spoke up, the two of them lunging at each other.

The duo began to fight each other, rolling around on the ground. Klaus soon landed on his back, Tyler on top of him. The original hybrid grunted as Tyler punched him in the face at full force.

Klaus immediately whipped his head back around, grabbing Tyler in a chokehold with one hand. "Where is she?!" He asked in a growl, desperate to know what the hell Tyler did with Cadence.

He didn't understand the true reasoning behind his need to know what Tyler did with her, but he did know the only reason Cadence was out there was because he convinced her to be there.

"Oh, I'm just getting started," Tyler managed to get out, despite Klaus' tight grip on his throat.

In his free hand, Tyler held a stake and wasted no time stabbing Klaus in the ribs with it. Klaus yelled out in pain. He gritted his teeth as he looked up at the boy. "You've grown bloodthirsty. Perhaps it's best your mother didn't live to see you like this," Klaus taunted Tyler, beginning to laugh loudly.

Just like he expected, Tyler was overcome with his rage and began to repeatedly punch Klaus in the face.

Klaus soon caught Tyler's fist in his hand, flipping the position. He ripped the stake out of his side before stabbing Tyler in the chest with it.

Klaus stood back up while Tyler remained on the ground, struggling to get the stake out of his chest. "It's sad, really," He spoke up, looking unamused, "I thought I made you better. Turns out, you're quite the disappointment."

Tyler forced himself up and off the ground, struggling to get the stake out.

Finally, Tyler got the stake out and immediately began to glare at Klaus. "I guess I'm another one of your failures, like how you failed at making hybrids, how you failed your family," He paused, beginning to move closer to Klaus until they were face to face, "Now it looks like you're even going to fail your own kid."