18

OUTCASTS
— 18. Peace Summit

    The following night, at the Abbatoir, a party was being held by Elijah and he had invited all three factions

    The following night, at the Abbatoir, a party was being held by Elijah and he had invited all three factions. Of course, Cadence ended up arriving there with the werewolves, whom she had been living with for well over a month alongside her sons.

She walked in alongside Jackson, locking arms with him. From the second level balcony, Klaus watched, looking almost jealous.

As they were walking, Diego had purposely bumped arms with Jackson as he walked past them, causing Cadence to sigh in defeat.

She liked Diego, she did, but she knew well enough to understand that out of all the vampires, he would be the one at this party to pick a fight with the werewolves. And it would not end well for either side.

"What's up, little man?" Diego asked Oliver, who threateningly stepped toward him.

"Don't start. Either of you," Cadence complained, placing a hand on Diego's shoulder as she pulled him back.

Oliver nodded and walked off with Jackson while Cadence sighed. She turned to Diego, a disapproving look on her face. "Heard you were hanging out with trailer park trash, Cade. You and I both know you deserve better than that."

"Oh come on, Diego. Don't be like that," Cadence replied and smiled as she hugged him. He playfully rolled his eyes at her, but immediately began to hug back.

Moments later, after speaking to Diego, Cadence made her way over to where Jackson stood. He smiled at her and immediately handed her a glass of champagne. "You're pretty close with the vampires," He commented and Cadence turned to him.

"Oh, come on, don't be like that, Jack," She replied, sighing as she shook her head, "I lived with them. They've protected me and the twins these past few years. Why wouldn't I be?"

"And what about Klaus? I hear you're his personal witch," Jackson complained and Cadence's lips curled upwards into an amused smirk.

"Oh, I wouldn't put it like that," She commented and Jackson sighed in disapproval.

"Hunter and Hayden talk about him constantly," Jackson reminded her and Cadence rolled her eyes.

"They're four. They don't know any better," She complained and Jackson nodded his head at her.

"You're right. They're four. They shouldn't be around that kind of man," He argued and Cadence's smile faded.

"They're my kids. I can bring them around whoever I want. I birthed them," Cadence reminded her and Jackson shot her an annoyed look.

"They're my kids too, you know. Or have you forgotten that in the past five years?" He asked her with an attitude, earning a glare from Cadence.

"Klaus has given me no reason to believe I shouldn't bring my kids around him. Until he does, I'll bring them around him whoever I want. He's protected them. He's saved their lives, too. Hayden adores him," She explained and Jackson scoffed at the mention of how close Hayden was to Klaus.