11

OUTCASTS
— 11. The Casket Girls

 In the French Quarter, at a street corner, Cadence was looking through some clothes racks for a costume for the Casket Girls festival

In the French Quarter, at a street corner, Cadence was looking through some clothes racks for a costume for the Casket Girls festival. Feeling eyes on her, she turned, rolling her eyes at the sight of Klaus standing before her. "Yes?" She asked him in an annoyed tone.

"You disappeared last night after we dealt with the Human Faction," Klaus spoke up in a calm tone as he moved closer to her, "Why's that?"

"Did you forget I have kids at home to take care of?" Cadence complained as she turned to him and scoffed, "And I'm not your girlfriend. You don't have to know where I am and who I spend my time with 24/7."

Klaus' lips parted and he sighed. He rolled his eyes at her and opened his mouth to speak again but he ended up deciding not to say anything.

Cadence sighed in frustration as she turned to him, growing annoyed that he was just standing there without saying anything. "What is it?" She asked impatiently, "I know you didn't just come here to say hi. You need something. What is it?"

"I need your help," He informed her, an uneasy look on his face.

"When don't you need my help?" Cadence joked, an amused smile forming on her lips.

"Davina is missing," Klaus suddenly revealed, causing Cadence's smile to immediately fade.

"What?" She asked, turning to him in concern.

_____

At the Abbatoir, Cadence stood near Rebekah as the female original searched through a chest filled with dresses. Just then, Hayley walked over to them, an uneasy look on her face.

"So the witch is missing, huh?" Hayley asked the two women curiously.

"Walked right out the door, apparently," Rebekah replied as she turned to glance at Hayley, "Know anything about it?"

"No, although I did tell her that the witch elders were dead," Hayley admitted as she moved closer to Rebekah and Cadence.

"Well, why would she care when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?" Rebekah questioned, not understanding what she was getting at.

"Isn't it obvious?" Cadence suddenly spoke up, causing Rebekah and Hayley to turn to her, "Marcel failed to tell her that one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated. Hayley did, though," She paused, turning to shoot Hayley a scolding look, "Which means you're the reason she's run off."

"Hey, I was just telling her the truth," Hayley complained as she crossed her arms across her chest, "She's the one who realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches."

"Yeah. Well, I've never been a fan of the boys club," Rebekah confessed as she looked up to see Marcel walking to join Klaus on the second level, "Just wait. Elijah will join them, and the three of them will be impossible," She paused, sighing deeply in defeat, "Used by the witches, lied to by Marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus...She's like a modern-day Casket Girl."