19

OUTCASTS
— 19. The Big Uneasy

  At the bayou, Cadence was standing outside with Eve, Hayley, and Oliver, glancing around at the large group of werewolves standing outside

  At the bayou, Cadence was standing outside with Eve, Hayley, and Oliver, glancing around at the large group of werewolves standing outside. "You've got to be kidding me," Hayley complained in an annoyed tone, "Seriously, what is going on? Who are all these people? Why are they standing out here all weird and lurky?"

"They've come from all over," Eve informed Hayley, smiling slightly, "All the packs."

"Why? To see a baby that isn't even born yet?" Hayley asked in an annoyed tone.

"Forget the baby. These freaks, they came here to see you," Oliver informed them as he walked closer to the group, "You know, given the place your parents held in pack hierarchy, maybe they think you're gonna be the long-lost werewolf messiah or something."

"Great," Hayley replied sarcastically as she rolled her eyes, "No pressure or anything."

   "Not to mention, Jackson and Cadence's two boys. None of them have ever seen something quite like those two. Children who have the gifts of both a werewolf and a witch," Oliver explained and Cadence crossed her arms as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh, don't go exaggerating it like that," Cadence remarked and before Oliver could respond, Cadence's phone rang, "Excuse me."

Cadence sighed when she saw it was Klaus calling and walked away from the group to get some privacy. "What do you want?" She spoke up as she answered the phone.

"Cadence. I trust you have an update on the matter we discussed with Jackson and Oliver," He informed her in a calm tone. After all, when Klaus had made a secret deal with Jackson, the original hybrid somehow roped her in as well, much to her annoyance.

"About that..." She trailed off awkwardly and bit her lip, "We got wolves coming here by the Boatload right now, Klaus. It's gonna be pretty hard to find just one dude, especially since all you gave Olly and I is a freaking first name."

"Yes. His name is Cary," He informed her and Cadence sighed in response, "He's got blond hair and brown eyes. He's one of my clan. A distant relative from the Northeast Atlantic Pack. His presence is required if I am to continue with the plan I have with the werewolves. You find him and you bring him to me."

"Fine. Got it," Cadence responded with an attitude, "But take a note for next time that I'm not your little errand girl."

"Trust me, you're quite the opposite. You're simply the only one I trust to make sure Oliver and Jackson don't bloody mess everything up with their stupidity," He explained and Cadence began to smile, amused by his words.

"Ah, okay. Got it," Cadence replied, trying not to laugh.

"Another thing. My brother will soon invite you and the others to a feast honoring the witches," He informed her, causing Cadence to let out a large scoff, "You and your friends will graciously accept the invitation."