3

OUTCASTS
— 03. Tangled Up in Blue

  In front of the Jardin Gris Voodoo Shop, Rebekah waited outside and turned to greet Sophie and Cadence, who was approaching her from down the street, "Oh, so glad the two of you could make it," Rebekah greeted them sarcastically, "Elijah only li...

  In front of the Jardin Gris Voodoo Shop, Rebekah waited outside and turned to greet Sophie and Cadence, who was approaching her from down the street, "Oh, so glad the two of you could make it," Rebekah greeted them sarcastically, "Elijah only lies daggered and rotting whilst you dilly-dally."

"You're lucky I came at all," Cadence replied with an attitude, "I'm supposed to be at work in five minutes."

"No need to worry about that, love," Rebekah assured her, a smirk on her face when she noticed the confused look on Cadence's face, "Nik compelled your boss to give you the day off while giving the pay."

"Hmm," Cadence responded, her eyes lighting up as she nodded her head, quick to agree after she gifted her with a day off from work, "Okay then. Sounds good to me."

"What do you want?" Sophie asked Rebekah, butting into the conversation before turning to glance at Cadence, "And what is she doing here?"

Cadence began to glare at Sophie, hearing the distaste she had for her in the witch's tone. She was used to it, of course, but she'd be lying if she said it didn't hurt her.

She, Katie, Sabine, and Sophie were friends once, even after Cadence was shunned. However, that changed when Cadence fell pregnant with a werewolf's children and joined sides with Marcel. It was two things that left Sophie, Katie, and Sabine with no choice but to cut all ties.

If they didn't, they knew they'd be facing consequences at the hands of their own coven.

 "Hayley was attacked last night by Marcel's crew because somebody told him there was a werewolf in the Quarter," Rebekah informed the two girls, even though Cadence already knew about it since she had been there, "She only made one stop. Whoever saw her here ratted her out. Watch and learn."

   Rebekah turned and walked into the shop. Instead of walking inside just yet, Sophie turned to Cadence to see what she was going to do. Cadence shrugged her shoulders, just before following Rebekah into the shop without a care in the world.

Inside the shop, Katie came out from a back room with a box, and smiled when she saw Sophie, "Hey, Soph," She greeted her friend before turning her head to see Cadence, a former friend of hers, "Cadence."

"Hey, Katie," Cadence responded, her tone implying that she wasn't that happy to be seeing Katie, which was obvious. 

Katie turned her head to see Rebekah touching a necklace hanging from a stand, and showed no sign of recognition toward her, "That's filled with marigold; Great for attracting the opposite sex," She informed Rebekah brightly, "It would look awesome on you!"

"I very seriously doubt that," Rebekah told Katie as she stalked toward her. Sophie and Cadence stood off to the side, both of which were clearly nervous about what Rebekah was about to do, "Do you have any others, one with, say, I don't know...." She trailed off in a sarcastic tone, "Wolfsbane, perhaps?"