6

OUTCASTS
— 06. Fruit of the Poisoned Tree

"Dude, you need to get to school in ten minutes!" Cadence complained with a groan, entering Hunter and Hayden's room to find Hunter all dressed while Hayden was just wearing Spiderman underwear and socks, "You gotta put some clothes on

"Dude, you need to get to school in ten minutes!" Cadence complained with a groan, entering Hunter and Hayden's room to find Hunter all dressed while Hayden was just wearing Spiderman underwear and socks, "You gotta put some clothes on."

"Why can't I go to school like this?" Hayden complained as Cadence picked up his outfit off the floor before walking over to him.

"Because you can't," Cadence responded in a calm tone, "Lift up your foot."

Hayden hesitantly lifted his right leg, allowing Cadence to help him put on his pants. Once doing so, she placed on his shirt, "See? That wasn't so hard, was it?" She pointed out, a smile on her face as she stood back up.

She glanced between her two sons, who looked up at her with an unreadable look on their faces, "What's wrong?" She asked the duo in concern.

"You don't spend time with us," Hunter complained, crossing his arms over his chest as a pouty look appeared on his face, "You're always working. We miss you."

A saddened look grew on Cadence's face when hearing Hunter's words, "Well, how about this," She began to suggest, "Tonight, after I'm done at work, we can go out to eat. Just the three of us. Does that sound good?"

The two boys smiled brightly, nodding their heads in response. Cadence smiled back at them, holding out her hands for them to take. Hunter and Hayden walked over to her, grabbing their mother's hands before they headed toward the door.

__

   Somehow, once again, when Cadence arrived at work, she was suddenly told by her boss that she had the day off, all thanks to Klaus Mikaelson.

She felt annoyed as she pulled out her phone, wasting no time walking out of the bar.

She was on the verge of walking away when she suddenly froze, feeling something stabbing into her arm. She cried out, wasting no time rolling up her sleeve to see a mark made by a large needle appearing on her arm.

Her eyes widened in disbelief, realizing what was going on. "No, no, no," She muttered under her breath, beginning to tear up as she began to run down the street as fast as she could, on the way to her sons' school.

Before she could get far, someone grabbed her by the arm. They sped her into an alley, just before slamming her against the brick wall.

She grunted at the impact before looking up, only to have her eyes widen when she saw Klaus.

"I don't know what you need right now or why you compelled my boss, but I need to go!" She shouted, roughly pushing Klaus back before beginning