5

OUTCASTS
— 05. Sinners and Saints

    Sophie was standing in the cemetery, packing various bottles of magical ingredients into her backpack, when Hayley and Cadence suddenly entered the mausoleum, "Hey

Sophie was standing in the cemetery, packing various bottles of magical ingredients into her backpack, when Hayley and Cadence suddenly entered the mausoleum, "Hey. What the hell?" She frowned in confusion.

"You're going out there anyway, aren't you, Soph? Even after Klaus told you not to," Cadence questioned her former friend, crossing her arms over her chest as she took a step toward the witch, "Yeah, well, we're coming with you."

"Yeah, no, thanks," Sophie argued, about to walk past the two women, "Already got assaulted by Klaus this morning. Don't need a repeat."

As Sophie tried to move past them, Hayley quickly stepped in front of the female witch, blocking her path, "What if whatever is responsible for all those dead witches is still out there? We've already established that it likes me and hates witches, so you'll be safer with me."

"Sorry if I'm not buying your sudden concern for my safety," Sophie snapped at Hayley, turning to glance at Cadence, "I sure as hell know she doesn't give a crap about me. She wants all New Orleans witches dead."

Cadence glared at Sophie as she grabbed onto the woman's wrist, causing the witch to cry out in pain as her magic was being consumed by Cadence, "Listen here, Sophie. The whole reason Hayley even came to this God-Forsaken town in the first place was to learn more about her family. Your sister Jane-Anne was the one that told her Marcel ran the werewolves out of the Quarter into the Bayou. And I know for a fact that it's true because I happen to be close with some of those werewolves. And from what Hayley's told me, I believe that some guardian-angel-wolf saved her life, seeing as though the same exact thing happen to me just a few months ago. So, like it or not, we're coming with you."

Sophie winced in pain as Cadence finally let go, the female witch rubbing her wrist with her other hand.

Just then, Rebekah walked into the mausoleum to join the girls, rolling her eyes in annoyance at the sight of them, "Could you three be more idiotic?" She exclaimed in annoyance, causing the group of the three to look at each other, all of them sighing in frustration as Rebekah continued on, "Three can play the follow-game, you know! You heard Klaus, he and Marcel are headed right where you're going."

"So distract them," Hayley demanded, turning to face Rebekah, "Because unless you wanna lock a hormonal, pregnant werewolf in a tomb, I'm coming with you. And wouldn't Elijah be mad if he hears that the baby and I died of asphyxiation?"

Rebekah stared at her, clearly annoyed by her stubbornness. She turned to Cadence, who gave her a look that told her that she wasn't backing down. Sophie rolled her eyes and sighed again, resigned to having Hayley, Cadence, and Rebekah tag along.

__

Later on that day, Cadence, Sophie, Rebekah, and Hayley continued to walk around the woods of the Bayou to look for the dead witches, "So, this Harvest thingy," Rebekah spoke up, breaking the silence amongst the group of four, "Tell me more."