7

OUTCASTS
— 07. Bayou

     Despite what she had told Klaus just the night before, as always, Cadence had jinxed herself

     Despite what she had told Klaus just the night before, as always, Cadence had jinxed herself. She ended up opening her apartment door to find Diego and another member of Marcel's inner circle.

   She had been forced to call the babysitter before she was practically dragged to the compound.

  In the courtyard of the compound, Elijah and Klaus were sitting together, glancing around at the vampires watching them warily.

"Not the most attractive community, are they?" Elijah suddenly remarked, causing Klaus to turn to his elder brother with an amused look.

  "You do realize they can hear you?" Klaus asked Elijah, smiling slightly.

"You do realize I don't care?" Elijah retorted as he picked up his glass of scotch, much to Klaus' amusement.

    Just then, Marcel walked in, followed by some vampires. "You know, Elijah, I liked you better in that box," He commented before turning to look at Klaus, "But Klaus, my sire, you I owe the world, and I always show respect to my elders. If your special lady friend is missing, you could benefit from the help of a witch. And, since I control all the witches in this town, I'll grant you one little locator spell. Cadence is one of my most loyal witches, my favorite one, at that. Need to find someone? I guarantee, she's your girl. I hear she has the magic of two elder witches running through her right now."

Marcel turned, as did Klaus and Elijah. They watched as Cadence was escorted in, clearly not looking about happy about being there.

Marcel then walked out, wishing Cadence good luck. The female witch sighed in defeat, making her way over to Klaus and Elijah. "Can you find her?" Elijah asked, desperate to get Hayley back.

"I can damn well try," She responded, wasting no time turning to two of the vampires to go find her some supplies.

    Just moments later, Elijah sat across from Cadence as she began to perform the spell. Klaus anxiously paced near the table, briefly glanced down at the map Cadence was performing every few moments.

"I'm going to need some of your blood, Klaus," She spoke up, seeing as though Klaus' blood ran through the veins of the baby Hayley carried in her womb.

Klaus nodded, wasting no time biting in his wrist before extended his arm out.

  "I could've sworn you didn't have any magic of your own," Elijah spoke up, clearly confused about the type of with Cadence.

"I sucked all of the magic from the coven's last living elders. I have a tremendous amount of magic that will most likely remain in me for a week at the very least," She explained as they watched Klaus' blood spill onto the map.

Cadence casually waved her hands over the map. As she continued to recite the incantation to the locator spell, a puddle of Klaus' blood traced across the map from their current location to where Hayley was in the bayou