Chapter Nine- Hermione's POV

My head was in a whirl and it felt like all my dreams had come true. Draco was my boyfriend and I couldn't have been any more elated. I pictured a future for us. Loving dates and somehow, some lovely children. One son who was like Draco and one daughter who wished to be like me. Or better still, the other way round, although I'd love them no matter what, of course!

Two days before we were due back at Hogwarts for the remainder of term, Draco said to me,

"Would you and Lavender come to the Manor with me ? I know my father isn't that... accepting shall we say, but Theo and Blaise will be there too, and we will all have fun! My mother invited you both," He asked us eagerly.

"I'll ask mum and dad," I replied.

"Sure! Thank you!" Squealed Lavender.

I ran downstairs to ask my parents.

"Is it ok if I go stay at Draco's house until we go back?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course!" Mum replied with a smile.

I rushed back upstairs and said.

"They said yes!"

Lavender and I began to pack up our things and we took the trunks downstairs ready.

"Mother said to meet her in Diagon Alley at Two," Draco told us.

"We can drive you and then I trust you can find your own way," Dad smiled.

We got into the car, chattering excitedly until we got to the Leaky Cauldron.

"Thank you for everything Granger Family! You've been so hospitable! Thanks!" Lavender thanked kindly.

"It's been a pleasure ," my mum said.

"Yes it's been great," my dad agreed.

"Yes. Thank you kindly. It's the best Christmas I've had and I've had such good experiences now!" Draco thanked.

"No problem," my parents said in unison and then laughed, all jolly.

When I hugged them goodbye, we went into the Leaky Cauldron and walked through before reaching the familiar brick wall.

I tapped the bricks and Diagon Alley presented itself to us and we walked through.

We had half an hour before we had to meet Mrs Malfoy, so we ordered some ice creams, all vanilla bar Lavender who had the strawberry as well.

"Lavender! I thought you said you were dieting even though you don't need to!" I said, looking at the ice cream.

"Oh it's only ice cream! Plus it's a great day!" She brushed it off.

Not long after we'd finished our ice creams, Mrs Malfoy approached and I got really nervous. She was beautiful. She had platinum hair with brown highlights, green-grey eyes and she almost glided as she walked towards us. I couldn't help but feel intimidated and a little in awe of her.

"Mother! Nice to see you again!" Draco exclaimed.

"It's lovely to see you again Draco dear!" She replied.

"Hello Mrs Malfoy. A pleasure to meet your acquaintance," I said politely, holding my hand out.

I could tell she was a little unnerved at my vocabulary but shook my hand nevertheless.

"Pleasure to meet you too dearie! Please, do call me Narcissa," she replied warmly.

"N... nice to meet you," Lavender stammered nervously.

"Don't worry lovely! I don't bite! No need to be nervous, it's a joy to meet you too," Narcissa said, offering her arm to Lavender and I as we walked.

We took her arms happily and Draco secretly took hold of my other free hand as we walked.