Chapter Thirty-Five- Hermione's POV

I had been invited to the Slug Club party. I didn't know who to take until an idea dawned upon me. Ron hated McLaggen with a passion, and McLaggen had a crush on me, so I thought I'd try annoy Ron as I was still sore and upset from when he announced he was dating Lavender.

One night in the library, I was ranting about Ron's stupidity to Harry and Harry interrupted me saying,

"Seeing as nobody else will go with us, we should go as friends!" He suggested to me.

"Why didn't I think of that!" I exclaimed, palming my head in recognition of my stupidity.

Now I was stuck with Cormac McLaggen!

"I have someone to go with and it'll annoy Ron but I could kick myself for not thinking of that! Anyways, the girl over there is called Romilda Vane. She is trying to smuggle you a love potion," I explained, nodding my head at Romilda.

"Really?" He said, sounding astounded, his gaze transfixed onto her.

I clicked my fingers in front of his face.

"Hey! She's only remotely interested in you because you're the chosen one!" I said, exasperatedly.

"But I am!" Harry said with a smug smile.

I whacked his head with parchment.

"Ow! Sorry kidding of course," he responded, meek tones settling into his voice.

"Good! Anyway, I suppose you could go with someone else!" I said.

"I'll go with Luna," Harry replied walking over to Luna, who had just entered the library, blonde locks swishing, the blonde hair painfully reminding me of Draco.

I read a book for a while, trying to focus on the chapter, but I couldn't help think about how good it would be to go with Draco, but of course, that wasn't possible for obvious reasons.

————————————————————————

Time skip to the actual party.

————————————————————————

I came to the party with Cormac, who was by the Buffet table.

"Look at that! Mistletoe. Guess we have to kiss," Cormac said, one hand round my waist, dangerously low and the other hand dangerously high up as he leaned in to kiss me.

"Oh look! Harry is over there I still have to say hello!" I said, escaping.

I ran behind the curtain and Harry saw me and came straight to me.

"What are you doing?" He asked curiosity laced in his voice.

"Escaping from Cormac. He's got more tentacles than an octopus!" I responded, my annoyance with Cormac apparent.

"I saw Ron with Lavender. She looks ridiculous." Harry laughed.

I smiled and the waiter came by.

I took a few of the small shapes on his plate and chomped them. I instantly recognised them and I knew they gave one horrendously bad breath so I had quite a few and escaped when I saw Cormac coming back.

I heard him asking Harry where I was and as he was about to leave, he ate one of the shapes I'd eaten and Snape came and said something to him and Cormac threw up on his shoes!

He got one month's detention.

I went back to the main party and spoke to Luna for a while, when some kind of commotion began to occur.