Chapter Seventeen- Hermione's POV

I was fretting until we got onto the Hogwarts Express and found Harry, Ron and Lavender in a compartment. Pansy, Blaise and Theo weren't far off and we all crowded into one compartment.

"So how did you all escape? I was so worried!" I enquired, curious to know.

"We saw the dark mark and got lost in the crowd and dad found us," Ron explained.

"Blaise's mother took us back to our houses safely," Pansy said.

"Thank god!" Draco replied with a relieved sigh.

A girl called Alice knocked on the window of our compartment and Draco smiled when he spotted her and she opened the door.

"Hi you guys! Is it ok if speak to you Draco? Quickly? I won't take much of your time." She asked, eyes bright and she looked eager.

"Sure!" He replied, just a tad too over-enthusiastically for my liking.

I felt a pang in my chest and suddenly felt a small bout of jealousy.

He exited the compartment and I sat there, trying to listen to them, a sour expression settling on my normally calm looking features.

"What's up Hermione?" Lavender Asked, noticing my expression had hardened considerably.

"Nothing." I responded hastily.

Harry looked at me with a slight frown.

"Come on. You can tell us 'Mione!" Harry said.

"Fine. I don't like it." I said sullenly.

"What?" Pansy said with obvious interest.

"Swear to me all of you. You won't say anything!!!" I said firmly, tone serious.

"We swear!" They all promised one by one.

When I had confirmation, I said.

"I don't like Draco talking to that other girl!" I spat out, jealousy brimming over.

Lavender held her hand out and then Pansy placed ten sickles In her palm.

"Seriously?" I shrieked in disbelief.

Harry burst out laughing.

I frowned but then began to laugh myself.

I saw Draco come back in and smoothed my hair and sat up a little straighter so my chest was a little out.

Ron and Harry sniggered at the sight of me trying to look impressive and Pansy gave me a what are you doing look and Lavender smiled.

"So? Who was that then?" I asked, unable to take the cold tone away.

"Oh! That's Alice. She's my new girlfriend!" He said, looking pleased.

I felt a twisting feeling inside of my stomach and I felt pretty upset. It hurt quite badly, more so than I'd thought but I swallowed down my disappointment and gave him a small smile whilst the others congratulated him. Lavender was the mirror image of me, ever loyal but she did say a small congratulations.

They all began to chatter about Alice and everything and I got so sick and tired of it and felt my frustration build up inside of me, and I eventually shot up abruptly, causing the others to look at me.

I cleared my throat and said,

"I'll be back,"

I walked out quickly and sat round the corner and buried my head in my hands.

Harry and Lavender came after me and saw me.