Chapter Thirty-Six-Draco's POv

The mark had been writhing on my arm for ages and I knew it was a warning, so I began my task. Alas, the cursed locket that I'd gotten fell into the wrong, innocent hands and that was why I was so hesitant to do such a thing in the first place, as I didn't want to ruin innocent lives!

It had been a few weeks since I'd accidentally cursed poor Katie Bell, who is recognised from the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

I saw her enter the hall and guilt and sorrow was displayed all over my face, which had become abnormally pale, even for me.

I still looked blonde and pale, but I wasn't the same person.

I saw Harry look at me and he had a suspicious look on his face and he started to come in my direction. I walked off hurriedly until I reached the prefects bathroom, but what I didn't know at the time, was Hermione saw Harry leave.

I felt boiling hot, and I couldn't contain myself any longer. As a Malfoy, I was raised not to show my emotions and have all the wrong prejudices and to have the contempt towards those considered less superior than my own blood status. I'd always had my mother's views on that since I was able to make my own choices, no matter the lengths my father took to indotrinate my mind. The lack of Hermione's presence, the thought of losing her for good, the thought of being a failure and not being able to give Divinia a good life, the regret, guilt, sorrow and the lack of want to commit such evil had overwhelmed me for weeks, eating me alive almost, and I'd kept it all in, but I tore off my knitted Slytherin Tank that I'd put over my crisp white shirt and looked at my pale, Ill looking reflection in the mirror.

I'd become considerably pale, my eyes were full and almost dead looking, lacking the sparkle they had when Hermione was there, or when Divinia reached out to me. They were bloodshot and had dark, sunken circles underneath them, as I'd experienced extreme sleep paralysis and insomnia and I thought that nothing could possibly scare me after the hallucinations that had been occurring. I knew I was alone on my own terms and I yearned for Hermione, but I knew for the sake of her and Divinia, that I had to face this my own way so they could stay protected, out of harm's way.

I took a long hard look at myself, splashed my face with some water to cool myself down and broke down sobbing uncontrollably, unsure of where I could turn to.

"I know what you did Draco Malfoy. You hexed her, didn't you... Katie?" Came Harry's voice from behind me.

My breathing was rapid, and I turned around, a hard look settling on my face.

"I didn't want to. It wasn't meant for her. I don't want to do it anymore!" I yelled, really frustrated.

"Let us all help! Please Draco, I know you want to protect Hermione and Divinia, but please allow us all to help," Harry pleaded with me.

I could see he really meant it and I was torn and he could tell I was considering and I let out a hex and shot it randomly and Harry thought I was aiming at him.

"Calm it Draco! I'm trying to help!" Harry shouted.

"I know! I'm trying to think ! I didn't throw that hex at you specifically!" I shouted back.

"S... Sectumsempra!" Harry screamed out of frustration.

My body jolted and I stumbled around the corner, trying desperately not to fall down. I didn't want to be seen as weak, but the pain was indescribable, more searing than I'd ever endured in my life. I eventually collapsed, sobbing in a heap, blood soaking my shirt to extreme measures.

"No! I'm sorry! I didn't know what it did! I didn't mean to I'm so sorry!" Harry cried out, tears in his green-blue eyes.

"I... know," I choked out, breathing bizarre.

Hermione screamed loudly in horror at the sight of me, trying her utmost best to contain her tears as she got on her knees beside me.

"DRACO! OH MY GOD WE HAVE TO GET YOU TO THE HOSPITAL!" She wailed, her voice breaking apart and she couldn't stop her tears when she saw my face screwed up in agony.

"No!" I insisted.

"HARRY! FIND THE HEALING SPELL RIGHT NOE!" She ordered shakily.

Harry nodded, almost as pale as I was and I choked and cried in agony as the blood continued to spill.

"DRACO! YOU ARE LOSIG WAY TOO MUCH BLOOD! DO NOT DIE BECAUSE YOY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO! I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH TO LET YOU GO!" She yelled hysterically, visibly distressed.

Harry returned and showed her some words in a book.

"Vulnera Sanentur," She incantated over and over, absorbing the blood into her wand, cleaning my shirt gradually, though my insides still hurt. I had practically been slashed right to the bones.

The pain was still gripping but it wasn't as intense as it was before she incantated the cure.

She waved Harry away and gently unbuttoned my shirt, and I heard her intake of breath when she saw my chest.

It had slashes all over it and I heard her mutter a healing charm.

"Quidditch has done you proud!" She commented to cheer me up and I couldn't muster any form of a smile, but I made a choke sound, which resembled some weird kind of laugh, if you will.

She healed my wounds and I was very tender and the slashes were still there, so she conjured up some bandages and she wrapped me up, gently lifting me in her small arms. She wasn't that strong and I was a little muscly. She struggled with my slightly limp body and she wound the bandages around me and sat me up against the wall gently and I rested my head against the cold wall.

"How do you feel now?" She asked me, voice still upset sounding.

"A bit tender. I'll be ok though," I replied, voice still crackly.

"Listen Draco, I know what you said but I'll be here if you change your mind!" She reminded me gently, and she fixed my hair a little, running her fingers through it.

"Thanks for the help," I whispered throatily.

"Anytime. I mean that." She said, referring to both her promise and the help.

"Love you"

A/N: Love you all my BonBons! Love from PotterheadBonBon 💗