Chapter Fourteen- Draco's POV

Hermione was blowing hot and cold with me for weeks and I'd noticed that although she'd been eating, she had gotten thinner still. I didn't think this was right but decided to talk to Potter and Weasel about it as I knew that they were close with her, almost like brothers.

I cleared my throat and Potter spun round in Divination.

"What Malfoy?" He hissed, whilst Trelawney was telling Finnigan about his tea leaves.

"It's about Granger. I mean— Hermione." I said.

"What about her?" He enquired.

"Well... I noticed when she's been eating, she's gotten thinner. More so than she was before she began to start to eat again! I don't know if this is Normal, but maybe we should come up with a plan," I said, keeping my voice low so as not to broadcast Hermione's business everywhere.

"I had noticed. I know we don't get along but Hermione for some reason or other seems to be thawing towards you, so I think we should... be civil for the time being and I think that with your brains and my plans, we can get through to her and help her out!" He whispered back.

As much as it made me shiver, I agreed and knew he was right.

"Ok then Pott— Harry. I think I can manage. It's for her after all," I responded, receiving a light tap from Trelawney for speaking in class.

I listened to her droning on about my tea leaves and how if I stuck to the light the darkness couldn't consume me too far. I brushed it off as a whole lot of nonsense.

When the class was over, Ron and Harry were awaiting my arrival outside the classroom and we went to the library to plan out how we were going to approach Hermione.

"I think we should walk up to her and just ask her," Ron said.

"No. She'll get angry and upset and not trust us anymore!" Harry replied.

I rolled my eyes and said.

"Look. We should just hang around with her one day and then guide her slowly to somewhere private and then gently approach the topic if we want to make even a little bit of progress." I said like it was obvious.

"Actually that's not bad. I reckon that'll work. Not quite as much as we would like if we know Hermione which we do, but I reckon we will have to just take It slowly and not give up on her." Harry replied.

I nodded in agreement as did Ron.

I spotted Hermione walk into the library, looking pale.

"Hermione. Wanna hang with us two? We can go get Lavender as well!" I asked her.

She looked at me through sunken once gorgeous brown eyes that had lost their sparkle. It sent a shiver down my spine at how haunting and gaunt she looked.

"Sure. I have nothing else to do." She replied flatly.

We all went for a walk around the grounds and Harry, Ron and I exchanged conversation both with each other and Hermione.

"I never thought I'd see the day you lot were nice to each other!" Hermione commented and she did a small smile but it was a little forced as I could tell.

"Quidditch helps matters a lot," Harry responded with a chuckle.

"I wouldn't have thought it either to be honest!" Ron said, grinning.

They were good actors!

"Can we just have a sec though?" I asked her.

"Sure," She said.

She waited at the top of the hill and we went to by the stones.

We discussed it all and Hermione overheard.

I saw her face get really upset and angry and she stormed towards us.

"Ah come and see the show!" I said kindly.

"You. You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach! Conspiring behind my back!" She yelled and pointed her wand at my throat.

I whimpered against the stone and Ron said,

"Hermione no! He is not worth it!"

She lowered her wand and I let out a relieved chuckle but suddenly, she spun around and her fist connected with my nose! She had a good right hook and it hurt a fair deal.

I ran off.

What the heck? She punched me? I was only trying to help her! That's how she repays me! Well, you know what? I decided I couldn't help her. I felt guilty but I knew I couldn't.

Not then anyway.

A/N: bit of a filler really. Love you all my BonBons! love from PotterheadBonBon 💗💗