Chapter Twenty-Six- Draco's POV

It was the night of the Third and Final task. Hermione was hurriedly telling Harry all of the last things he needed to know, and I observed her fondly from the stands.

I mouthed I love you at her when she looked and found my face in the stands and she blew me a kiss.

Lavender came up beside me and held my arm.

"I'm scared Draco. What if someone dies?" She asked fearfully, eyes fixed upwards at me. I was considerably taller than her.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine," I reassured her.

She was gripping my arm tighter and tighter as the announcements went on and when the Champions went into the maze, she got really tight, so to the extent that I thought my arm would break.

"Lavender, you're hurting me. Stop being dramatic," I said firmly, shaking her grasp off me.

She looked hurt but huffed and didn't comment.

She kept sighing huffily beside me.

Hermione came up beside me and hugged me.

I sat down and she perched on my knee as we waited for the champions to come back.

We saw red sparks shoot up and Hermione burrowed into me, and hugged her close, kissing her head. I saw... despise... upsetness... envy? Creep into Lavender's sour expression as she watched the hug and kiss.

I had to focus on Hermione, not her though.

The task was supposed to be two hours long, but it was almost three hours before Harry and Diggory appeared on the grass.

Diggory was laying down and Harry was sobbing manically, shaking visibly, and it was clear to everyone init he stands when they had finished cheering that something was wrong.

Fleur Delacour screamed loudly and the crowd went silent.

"What's going on?" Hermione Asked me fearfully.

"I don't know babe, let's go closer, Harry looks upset." I said, steering her through the crowd.

Ron came with us and also put his arm round Hermione and I as we walked.

Diggory was lying motionless, and it was eerie looking. He looked dead.

Amos Diggory went forwards and it turned out Cedric Diggory had died.

Hermione didn't like the sight of the body and Ron and I looked at each other. My face had gone pale and Ron had gone almost as white as my platinum hair.

We both hugged Hermione and I hid her face away from the body, and she cried.

Harry was taken inside and Dumbledore made everyone clear out of the stands.

I took Hermione back to my room and sat her on the bed, hugging and rocking her.

The sight of a dead body was a shock to her. I was a little shocked too, but I was able to hold it together.

We sat there for a long time and I whispered to her soothingly and put the covers over her and stroked her head soothingly until she began to sleep, her breathing shaky as she had been in tears.

I went to the Gryffindor dorms and walked in.

"Harry, are you ok?" I asked a visibly upset Harry.

"I don't have pain anymore. Madame Pomfrey sorted that out for me. The thing is though, Voldemort is back. I duelled with him. Cedric was killed right in front of me, I couldn't bear it . It was horrifying. Cyril Nott was there, Theo's dad, Anvil Zabini was there, Blaise's dad, and... your father Draco," he answered.

"I'm so sorry. I absolutely hate my father. He's putting people through hell. I had heard rumours of an uprising but I had no idea, I'm truly sorry," I said.

"It's not your doing, don't you worry," Harry replied.

I felt my blood boil.

My father was a no good swine and I vowed not to talk to him when I went home, if I chose to go home.

"Hermione is in my room, I just got her off to sleep. Hopefully you're going to be ok, Goodnight you lot," I said, before going back to my room.

A/N: sorry if it wasn't interesting but I did try! I mean, you don't see anything that occurs during the Triwizard tournament really from Draco or Hermione's POV so this was hard to write but I decided to do this ! Lol! Anyways, love you all my BonBons! Love from PotterheadBonBon 💗💗