Chapter Fifteen- Hermione's POV

I decided to wait until I was all alone. It was just after I'd helped Harry save Sirius and Buckbeak and in those times, I was genuinely happy, but as hot as I thought Harry was through all this, my mind kept wandering back to a certain blonde Slytherin. I knew I'd pushed him away, out of upset, but I was slowly getting over it and I felt guilty as he'd tried his hardest to make amends and I'd punched him in the face! Since that day, only Lavender, Harry and Ron helped me out and I slowly got better and I confided to Lavender how I felt about Draco Malfoy.

I waited and for the last time I decided to throw up.

I did my ritual and Lavender was behind me.

"Hermione! No! You have to stop doing this to yourself! You're worth more than that!" She begged, beginning to cry.

"Lavender. I swear to you. I did it for a long time but I'm happy that you've all helped me and I'm slowly getting over Draco. I knew he was trying to help and I punched him! Since then, we haven't spoken and he's been steering clear," I replied tearfully.

She clasped my hands.

"Hermione. Perhaps it's because you're both so young! Love doesn't always work out the way we want it to but I know this. If you truly love one another, at some point you will be together. I promise you that." She said meaningfully, her words surprisingly hitting my heart. They struck a cord with me and I couldn't deny what she said was true.

"Thank you. If I still love him, I will follow what I think is right, but the thing is... I need to make amends first as I do know it truly wasn't his fault. It was his no good father's fault! If I could, I'd get him locked away in Azkaban! That would upset Narcissa though and she was kind to us! I have to make amends. I won't get back with him yet. I'm not a pushover. I would like to resolve everything and be friends with him though, despite what Harry and Ron will do. I have to do this," I let her know.

"I'll help you. Always and forever. I promise," Lavender promised, eyes shining.

I could tell she was fangirling over this so hard but she was keeping it in the best she could contain it.

We went in pursuit of Draco and eventually spotted him down by the shrieking shack, sketching.

"Draco! Draco!" I called, making his head shoot up and look at me.

I saw the anger, hurt and happiness upon his face all at once at the same time.

"Yes Granger?" He said, looking amused.

"Draco. Please listen. I'm sorry I punched you in the face. I couldn't get over it all for a while but now I am. I'm slowly managing it and I'm sorry I pushed you away as I know it truly wasn't your fault and the Draco I know would never say such horrid things to me! I don't think we can be together but I'd please like to be your best friend again. Me, you and Lavender. Obviously Harry and Ron are my best friends too though. I don't care what they say though. I want to be your friend again. If you'll have me again, that is. Please Draco. I missed you and I'm so sorry. I know you only tried to help and I'll forever be grateful," I explained, trying not to become a sodden, weeping wreck.

All I wanted to do was to fall into his arms but I had to stay strong.

He took in everything I'd just said and stood up, and came up to me.

"I forgive you for punching me. Thank you so much. I have missed you so much and I agree we can't be together as of yet but maybe in the fullness of time in the future but I know you Gryffindors have strong sides to you so I know what you mean. I'd be glad to be your best friend again," he replied lightly and hugged me.

I felt immense relief, happiness and joy. I wrapped my own arms around him, delighted to have gained my best friend back.

In that moment, I realised just how lucky I was and how great Draco was. He had forgiven me instantly and not hesitated to renew our friendship for one single second! I was so grateful and I was surrounded by friendship and love. Draco meant the world to me. As did Harry, Ron, Lavender, Narcissa, and my parents. I was happy for once again, I had gained what I'd thought I'd lost.

It turns out I didn't lose any of them. Not truly.

A/N: I know it sounds like the end... but trust me, we have only got through the course of what would've taken up three movies! I was considering making this into a short story, but they decided against it and I've decided to make it a long one. I don't know for sure yet but if things keep going the way they are, then it may end up even longer than I need you to survive which is my best, longest story and the first one I ever published on this app! I'm so happy and grateful for all of my reads and the support that I've gotten from you all so I love you all my BonBons! Love from PotterheadBonBon xoxoxoxo💗💗