Chapter Thirty-Seven- Hermione's POV

I had made sure Draco was pretty much fully healed and well again before I respected his wishes of allowing him to protect me by keeping my distance, though I took Divinia to see him a few times. She was growing to be a delight! She was a little bit active and she was sitting up already. Her blonde hair was all silky and wispy on her head and her eyes were constantly glittering and she could laugh and smile at me. I could tell she yearned for Draco, as she was used to him coming and going and she wanted him around, bless her little cotton socks.

I heard Harry rush into the common room one afternoon and he sounded panicky.

"He... her... Hermione! Come.... quick!" Harry said breathlessly.

He'd obviously rushed here for a reason.

"Luna, can you please find Pansy and look after Divinia between yourselves?" I asked desperately.

"Of course," Luna smiled, and held Divinia with utmost care.

I rushed to the hospital wing with Harry and saw Ron seemingly sleeping on the bed.

"Tell me he's alive!" I said fretfully.

Harry lay a calming hand on my shoulder.

"It's ok, he's alive! Don't you worry! He's been seizureing for a while, but I think that he's recovering now," Harry explained to me.

I heaved a sigh of relief and sat beside him, and suddenly, a blonde, curly head adorned with a pink fluffy headband and childish pink and purple hair ties came rushing in.

Oh no. I thought.

"Won-Won! Are you ok? Don't worry Won-Won, I'm here! I'm here!" She said in her sickeningly sweet tones.

She surveyed him with genuine worry and I knew her well enough to know she truly did like him a lot.

"What's she doing here?" She asked indignantly, referring to me.

"I could ask you the same thing!" I retorted, brushing off Harry's calming hand.

"I happen to be his girlfriend!" She replied smugly.

"I happen to be his..." I hesitated. "Friend,"

She scoffed.

"Don't make me laugh! You've barely bothered talking to him in weeks just because he goes out with me! I suppose you find him interesting now he's ill!"She laughed pettily.

"He's been poisoned, you daft bimbo!" I exclaimed disbelievingly, very astounded at how dense her thinking had gotten.

"He senses I'm here!" She explained, and I winced, her squeaky voice going right through me.

"Oh..." Ron muttered.

"H.. Hermione," he muttered, clearly as day.

I blushed but couldn't resist a triumphant smile at Lavender, who turned on her heel and ran away, sobbing her heart out.

For one moment, I remembered our old friendship and I wanted to go comfort her badly, but I remembered all the reasons I wasn't her friend.

I sat beside Ron and waited for him to properly awaken, but I couldn't bear to watch him in pain.

I returned to my room and got Divinia back and went to find Draco, and I couldn't find him anywhere in the castle, so I went to the room of requirement and he was in there, putting an apple inside the cabinet.

"What are you doing?" I asked, causing him to jump slightly.

"Oh.. just putting an apple in there." He replied.