Chapter Eleven- Hermione's POV

When we got back to Hogwarts for third year, I squealed when I saw Draco. Lavender was still shaken up from witnessing the Dementors, more so than Harry, who'd gotten the worst from them, but she regained her senses when she knew what I squealed at.

"Don't worry. Sit tight. You can see him later," she reassured me.

I smiled at her and engaged In conversation for a while, but then I grew more frustrated and impatient. Finally, when the dinner ceased, I got out of the Great Hall as quickly as I could as I'd seen Draco leave.

I rushed to catch up with him with Lavender, who hurried beside me, scarcely able to keep up. She wasn't one for running. I felt a stitch tug at my side, but ignored it until it subsided. I spotted him at the end of a corridor and rushed up to him with a huge hug.

"Hey Draco! Oh I've missed you!" I said with passion.

I was shocked when he moved away, but tried not to show the hurt that was coming up.

"What was that for Granger?" He asked in an icy tone.

"What do you think! I'm just greeting my boyfriend!" I replied, puzzled.

"Boyfriend? The only way you'll get a boyfriend is if you kill them first!" He said scathingly, and hurt gripped my insides.

"That's not very nice! What's happened to the Draco that took me on a date? That said he loved me? The one who... took my first kiss?" I whispered, eyes prickling.

"What twisted dreams have you been having! I know I'm irresistible! Seriously though. I have no feelings except pure contempt and hatred.

The tears ran down my red cheeks.

"Please Draco. What happened? Please. Don't say all this to me." I begged, taking his hand.

I saw something in his eyes wasn't quite right with him. He was acting like he was controlled, mindless, almost like his father.

He tugged his hand away and flicked my nose.

"Leave me alone. I don't have time for this crap. You're not as bright as I thought. You were a bet obviously! I was using you, duh! As if I'd ever like... a Mudblood like you!" He spat and walked away.

I felt the pain build up and I fell to the floor, sobbing my heart out. Being a hormonal, emotional teenage girl now, I was heartbroken. It hurt me to breathe and I didn't know what I'd supposedly done to make him despise me. That term still hurt as deeply as it did the first time. Mudblood. Such an ugly word. Small, yet the meaning was so powerful and it hurt me badly as I couldn't help it. Lavender was beside me trying to console me but I could barely focus. My thoughts were consumed by him and my heart had been shattered into a million pieces and I thought I could never love again. I was a bet. Not worth any kind of love. I didn't see the point.

From that day on, I sunk into a pit of depression. I focused on my classes. They were the only thing I could preoccupy myself with.
My friends tried to help me and before long, I confined myself to my room and the library during my spare time, mostly forgetting to have my meals. I felt weak. I couldn't think one day and all I saw was pure darkness, black spots whizzing round my vision and I remember my head hitting the desk.

Lavender's POV.

(I know this is irregular but yeah)

I didn't think it had hit her that badly. Harry and Ron had been very supportive though we obviously couldn't tell them why she was so upset, plus they were boys. I walked into the library to find Hermione and at first, I thought she'd simply fallen asleep. I shook her gently, but she didn't stir.

I moved her carefully and her eyes rolled alarmingly. She'd fainted. Passed out. I didn't know what to do, but I knew how protective Draco had been over Hermione. I always saw her pain when he got hurt. When the Hippogriff attacked him, she was the first to insist he be taken to the hospital wing.
When he had his arm in a sling, he'd brushed her off cruelly. He couldn't stand her. The mere sight of her set his facial expression to look repulsed. I knew that he cared deep down, but something or someone was preventing it.

I firstly alerted Madame Pomfrey.

"Quick! Hermione has passed out!" I shrieked.

"Calm yourself Miss Brown! " she said, though she wore an expression of seriousness upon her careworn features, she still displayed worry and it was betrayed through her eyes.

When she saw Hermione, she lifted her up and took her to the hospital wing.

Harry and Ron had already been told and she saw their faces when they saw Hermione passed out.

"Look after her. When it is supper time, leave her with me. I need to speak to her if she's up," I said to them both.

They nodded in agreement, their sorrowful expressions each shooting wan smiles towards me before the apparent sorrow returned.

I knew what I had to do.

A/N: I've been dying to do a little Lavender POV because everyone treats lavender as though she's annoying but at the end of the day she's just a typical 16 year old girl! To be honest it's because we ship Romione for the films and seriously, she gets in the way but I don't think that she's all bad, just hopelessly devoted to Ron and in love with the WON-WON! So yeah. Lavender is also very pretty too! Hermione and Draco will get back together eventually, but it'll take a while as there is going to be a serious issue in the chapters to come, so if you are triggered by anorexia, then please do not read them or if you think you can handle it, please still feel free to read them. There will be some detail, hopefully not too extreme but of course, I don enjoy my details! You know me! Anyways, yeah. Draco will help her through it but it won't be all peachy like some of my other fanfics have been. I want to show Hermione's strong side more because I feel like I know her character through and through now as I've written as Hermione for a few fanfics now and I think that sometimes I show too much of her weak side and not enough of the Gryffindor strength but I still think that my stories are good to read because I ah e so much fun writing them! Sorry this is like the longest A/N ever! But I have to say it, it has to be said. Sorry if you feel I'm rambling on by the way I'm not trying to I just have a lot to say generally and I can't really voice it much out loud as my family don't get fanfics at all lol! I love them though! Anyways, I love you all my BonBons! Love from PotterheadBonBon xoxoxoxo xoxoxoxo💗💗