three.

The following Sunday, Taehyung walked into the church, Bible in hand as he greeted his fellow brothers and sisters.

His mother was busy speaking with some women by the alter making him smile.

Mass was about to start when he noticed a woman entering the doors with her son in a tight grip. She appeared to be in a rush, as she grabbed some holy water.

It was Chanyeol and his mother.

Taehyung couldn't help the disappointment when he realized her other son wasn't there as well.

He smiled lightly as he approached the woman, who was walking down the aisle to look for an empty bench.

"Hello Ms. Jeon!" Taehyung greeted as he slightly bowed down to the woman.

"Oh Taehyung! Hello, I'm so sorry about last Sunday! I got caught up with some things." She apologized.

"It's alright Ms. Jeon! Don't worry about it. Are you ready for class today Chanyeol?" 

The small boy only nodded shyly as he hid behind his mother's leg.

Taehyung laughed softly as he chatted for a bit with his mother.

"Well, I better go. Mass is about to start!" He waved before running up to the alter where the choir was stood.

He quickly threw on his white tunic before standing beside his best friend, Park Jimin.

"You are doing the main chorus today." Jimin whispered as Taehyung nodded, happy.

"Please stand." One of the announcers spoke once Taehyung's father entered the room with a cross.

Taehyung smiled with pride as his father greeted the people of their town.

He took a deep breath as the music started playing.

-

It wasn't long before Mass was over, Taehyung doing the exact same routine he always did. 

Greeting everyone as they walked out, receiving compliments left and right for his amazing vocals.

"Tae, we got so much donations this week! Maybe we can actually buy new equipment now!" Jimin whisper-yelled as he ran up to Taehyung outside the small church.

"That's amazing Jimin! All thanks to the Lord." Taehyung exclaimed as he kissed the small cross on his necklace.

"I'm going to go help count the money, if you see my mother tell her I'm inside." He yelled as he ran back in.

Jimin had always been the outgoing one from the two. The one that was never afraid to put himself out there.

Taehyung sighed softly before checking his watch, seeing that he still had thirty minutes before the kids started class.

He decided to go to the classroom early, to set up the activity for that day.

He started making his way behind the church, where all the classrooms were set up in hallways.

His eyes widened lightly when he noticed a tall figure leaned against the side of the church, cigarette in hand.

The stranger looked up slightly, giving Taehyung a chance to see exactly who it was.

Chanyeol's brother.

His face felt warm as his mouth ran dry.

He had to say something.

"E-Excuse me?" He asked softly as he began making his way towards the male.

His handsome face snapped up to meet Taehyung's gaze. A glare was directed towards the smaller boy who clutched his Bible tightly against his chest.

"What do you want." He spoke coldly.

"The church is a no smoking zone." Taehyung spoke, suddenly feeling extremely small under his gaze.

"In case you didn't notice, I'm not inside the church." The raven-haired male spoke, sarcasm dripping like venom.

"Well, that is true. Although you are standing right under an open window..." Taehyung bounced lightly on the balls of his feet.

The taller male only scoffed, dropping the cigarette on the ground before stepping on it.

"Thank you." Taehyung spoke softly as the ravenette walked past him without saying another word.

He looked back lightly, seeing the boy's back getting further and further away from him.

His cheeks flushed pink when he noticed the muscles on his back contracting with every step.

Taehyung continued on his way to class, his hands shaking violently.

He looked down at his shaky fingers, finally taking note of how fast his heart was beating.

He gulped loudly, shutting his eyes tightly before reopening them.

What was that?