twenty two.

Jungkook didn't see Taehyung at all the following week.

He had purposely made it his mission to walk down the same route Taehyung took home after school. But he had no luck.

It quickly became obvious that Taehyung was trying to avoid him.

So that Sunday just as his mother and Chanyeol were about to leave for Mass, he walked out of his room in his best clothing.

He smiled nervously at his mother who stood by the door with surprised look on her face before a small smile broke out.

"Alright come on, lets go before we are late." She called, ushering him out the door with a hand over his back.

"Kookie's coming?" Chanyeol looked up at his mother in wonder, holding onto her hand tightly.

"Yes baby." She smiled watching as Chanyeol grabbed Jungkook's hand as well.

Jungkook had began tugging at his clothes nervously as they neared the church, wondering if he was making a mistake.

He gulped harshly as they entered the building, his mother eyeing him with concern.

"Are you okay?" She whispered, forcing Jungkook to nod quickly.

She hesitantly dipped her finger into the holy water before bringing it up to his forehead to make a cross.

Jungkook instinctively jumped back, not really knowing what was going on.

"It's okay, it's just water." She smiled, placing another small cross on Chanyeol's forehead and then on her own.

Jungkook stood awkwardly in the center, waiting for his mother to pick a bench.

He stared at the alter in wonder, remembering the first time he had been inside was with Taehyung. And now here he was again, because of Taehyung.

He glanced at the people around him, families greeting each other with hugs and kisses. He felt like he didn't belong there.

At last they sat down, waiting for benches to fill up and Mass to start.

Jungkook began to fidget in his seat, watching the double doors like a hawk as he waited for Taehyung to arrive.

He sighed loudly as he waited impatiently, sitting up the second he saw Jimin enter through the door.

Just as Jimin passed by his row, he stuck his hand out as he called him over.

"Jungkook?" Jimin spoke, surprise evident in his tone.

"Is Taehyung here?" Jungkook asked quietly instead.

"Uh no, his mother said he wasn't feeling well so he's not coming." Jimin frowned because he knew that Taehyung never missed Sunday mass.

It was probably the first time he wasn't attending since he was maybe seven years old when he had a bad case of chickenpox.

The boy was always there with a smile on his face whether it was sunny, cloudy, or rainy.

So, for him to miss a day because he wasn't feeling well was concerning to say the least.

Jungkook's face dropped at his words, feeling even more blue. 

In the back of mind, he knew Taehyung had just made an excuse to avoid bumping into him, and that hurt like hell.

"Oh okay." He replied, watching as Jimin walked up to the alter, music stand placed in front of him.

He watched as Taehyung's father walked through the double doors soon after, standing up when everyone else did the same.

Mass was about to commence.

-

"Jimin!" Jungkook called as he spotted Jimin outside the church after Mass.

Everyone was saying their goodbyes, thanking the pastor for the service.

Jimin looked around at the sound of his name, spotting Jungkook walking up to him.

"Hey what's up?" Jimin smiled, brushing hair out of his eyes.

"I need you to do me a favor." Jungkook huffed.

Jimin looked at him, wary of his request.

"What is it?"

"I need you to get Taehyung to go to your bakery tonight. But don't tell him I'll be there." Jungkook explained.

"And why would I do that for you?" Jimin teased lightly.

"Because I kissed him and now, he's avoiding me." Jungkook spoke bluntly, waiting for Jimin's reaction.

The poor boys eyebrows raised so high up his hairline, lips parted in shock.

"You did what?" He screeched.

"Be quiet, I don't want anyone to hear you." Jungkook hissed.

"Did you force him?" Jimin glared at him, fully aware of Jungkook's feelings towards his friend.

"No! I mean... Kind of, yes. But he kissed me back... Right before pushing me away and running..." Jungkook trailed off, growing ashamed of his actions.

Jimin huffed loudly as he shook his head, growing more upset with Jungkook.

"If you hurt him than I'm not helping you." Jimin deadpanned.

"I didn't- he likes me Jimin. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at me, and the way he blushes when I'm around. He's just afraid of what he wants. Please help me, I need to talk to him." Jungkook begged.

Jimin bit his lip thoughtfully, contemplating the odds.

He knew Taehyung would only be upset with him if he knew he was leading him into a trap.

But if what Jungkook was saying was true, then Taehyung needed to accept his feelings.

"Alright, fine I'll do it. Be there by seven. The pastor doesn't let him go out so late."