thirty six.

Almost a week had gone by since both boys exchanged 'I love you's for the first time, both equally as happy.

But there was something that was still bothering Jungkook. Something that he couldn't get out of his head.

It was about the night that Hoseok took Taehyung home. He had asked the smaller boy what they had talked about but the boy refused to tell him.

He trusted Taehyung wholeheartedly, he knew it wasn't anything he should worry about.

But he wanted, more like needed, to know what Hoseok had told him. He wondered if the male had opened his mouth in anger and spite.

He hadn't seen him around town, even going to the spots where they used to hang out, wondering if Hoseok was actually hiding from him.

"Hi Yoongi-hyung! Is Jungkook here?" 

Jungkook heard as he laid under a car, grease all over his body.

He heard Yoongi mumble something just as he pushed his body backwards, eyes looking up to meet Taehyung's pretty brown ones staring down at him.

"Hi! I brought you guys some lunch." Taehyung spoke as he held a bag in his hands, boxed smile on his face.

Jungkook smiled softly as he got up slowly, cleaning his greasy hands with a clean rag.

"Oh." He spoke, stunned when Taehyung leaned up to press their lips together suddenly.

"Sorry." He giggled, no ounce of regret in his voice.

Soon after that Jungkook finished his shift as Taehyung stayed around to keep him company.

They decided to walk around town for a little bit, knowing that they had to keep their distance and lips apart.

That didn't mean they couldn't laugh and joke around, just cautious of others around them.

"Oh! Hello Mrs. Park!" Taehyung greeted Jimin's mother as she exited the shoe repair shop just as they were passing by.

"Hello Taehyung! Where are you headed off to dear?" She greeted him with a smile, eyes warm.

"Just walking around. Sun feels nice." Taehyung replied politely.

"It sure does," she paused, eyes flickering to Jungkook who was standing lightly behind Taehyung, their shoulders brushing.

"Just... be careful, wouldn't want anyone to think you two boys are some kind of homosexuals." She laughed loudly, hand over her eyes to block the sun.

Taehyung could feel his smile turn sad as her words sunk into his brain, body feeling weak.

He swallowed harshly as she regained composure before telling him to have a nice day and turned down the corner.

"Tae-" 

"Let's go."

"Taehyung-"

"Can we please just go." Taehyung's voice cracked as his eyes burned holes into the concrete.

Taehyung could feel Jungkook leading him down the road, not even bothering to look to see where they were headed, knowing that Jungkook was taking him somewhere safe.

Somewhere where nobody would judge them.

When Jungkook finally stopped walking Taehyung finally looked up through blurry vision to see that they were in the flower field, winding blowing softly.

"Taehyung, baby, look at me." Jungkook spoke gently, cupping the boy's face with his hands.

"Why is it so wrong? Why do we have to be wrong?" Taehyung choked out, bottom lip quivering as the first tear fell from his eye.

"It's not wrong Taehyung. Look at me. Baby I love you, okay? You know that and I know you love me. That's all that matters," Jungkook paused, desperately trying to calm Taehyung down.

"They don't matter. It's just you and me, only us two." Jungkook spoke, pressing their foreheads together.

"Why does it hurt so much? Why does my own father hate me? Why does it feel like everyone is against us?" Taehyung sobbed as he fisted at Jungkook's shirt.

"I'm sorry, I love you." 

Jungkook managed to say as he held Taehyung against his chest, whispering the same words to him in hopes of comforting him.

-

When Taehyung got home later that evening, he was more than tired of crying.

Jungkook had stayed with him until his tears were dry and sticky on his face. They had shared a few kisses before Taehyung left for his house, body weak.

He was more than ready to climb up to his bedroom and throw himself onto his bed and fall asleep.

But what he wasn't expecting was to walk into his home to hear shouting coming from the living room.

He instantly recognized them as his father and mother, a rare coincidence that they were home at the same time.

"Where is the money Dong-Hoon?" He heard his mothers voice rise slightly as she spoke to her husband.

Taehyung hid behind the wall, eyes slowly peaking into the room to see his parents standing in front of each other.

"What money are you talking about?!" His father argued, hands crossed over his chest.

"From the charity event." His mother spoke slowly, as if talking to a child.

He could hear the frustration in her voice as she demanded an answer.

Taehyung's brows furrowed as he recalled the charity event, wondering if the money had perhaps gotten lost or stolen.

"I turned in the money for charity." The pastor spoke.

"Stop lying Dong-Hoon! I called and they said they never received a dime. Now tell me what you did with the money."

Taehyung's mother spoke angrily, making Taehyung's eyes widen because that was the angriest, he had ever seen her.

"How dare you call me a liar! You filthy-mouthed woman." His father spat as he inched closer, making Taehyung gulp harshly.

"If you won't tell me then I'll just have to tell everyone that their money is gone-"

The sound echoed throughout the empty room, Taehyung's body jolting lightly as he watched his mother's face swing to the side.

Taehyung covered his mouth to stop himself from making a sound, tears building up in his eyes as the room fell silent.

He could hear his father's heavy breathing as his mother slowly grabbed her cheek.

"You're not going to say a word, do you hear me?" His father spoke slowly as he harshly grabbed a fistful of her hair.

Taehyung bit his hand when he heard his mothers grunt of pain as he pulled her hair back, forcing her to look at him.

"I said do you hear me?" He repeated.

"Yes." Taehyung heard her reply after a second, making him turn around to walk upstairs, his brain still trying to process what had just happened.