ten.

"Can someone show me the sign of the cross before we leave today?"

Taehyung smiled to the children before him, Sunday class was over. He could see the parents standing outside the classroom from the window in front of him.

No one made a move to raise their hand, doing the absolute most to advert their eyes away.

Taehyung giggled knowingly before glancing around the room.

His gaze stopped on Chanyeol who was sitting quietly with his hands laced together on the desk.

"Chanyeol?" Taehyung smiled at the small boy softly.

The boy looked at him hesitantly before shyly smiling back.

"Okay... In the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen." Chanyeol mumbled quietly but Taehyung encouraged him by following him with the hand placements.

"Good job Chanyeol! Have you been practicing?" Taehyung praised the boy who blushed shyly.

He nodded quickly, "M-My brother helps me practice." 

Taehyung couldn't help the feeling that swelled in his chest at the small boy's words.

Had Jungkook really taken the time to help him? After he told Taehyung he basically wanted nothing to do with God he helps his brother with prayers?

"That's great! Keep practicing!" Taehyung gushed before dismissing the children.

He watched as Chanyeol walked up to his mother who was waiting for him eagerly.

Ms. Jeon quickly brought her child in for a hug before taking his small hand in hers. Just before turning around to leave, she glanced at Taehyung with a smile and a wave.

The boy's boxed smile could be seen from miles away as he waved back happily.

He hummed a random tune as he walked back inside the classroom, looking at the mess that lingered inside.

His father had made a point to tell him to tidy up all the classrooms.

The other classrooms hadn't even been used in a good month but taehyung bit his tongue.

He sadly got to work with a long sigh, rearranging the bookshelves and any art materials laying around.

He soon found himself losing track of time, finally glancing up when he noticed the darkening sky outside.

He gasped softly before tidying up a bit and exiting the building.

He began to worry lightly as he glanced around at the dark sidewalk, feeling a bit afraid.

The last time he had been out so late was when Hoseok cornered him in the streets, a scenario he wished to not repeat.

His heart almost dropped to his stomach as he rounded a corner, face slamming into a hard chest.

"Oh!" He shrieked, stepping back quickly.

He quickly looked up to meet Jungkook's intense gaze as he stared down at him with furrowed brows.

"What are you doing out so late?"

"I lost track of time at the church." Taehyung mumbled, desperate to get home before his father went out looking for him.

"You really shouldn't let that happen. It's not safe." Jungkook spoke, lips mumbling the last bit but Taehyung managed to hear it.

The smaller boy bit his lip harshly as he glanced around shyly, wondering what Jungkook was getting at.

"It was my fault. I really have to go." Taehyung spoke quickly, as much as he wanted to stay and chat, he knew his father was probably already furious.

"I'll walk with you." Jungkook spoke, leaving no room for argument.

Taehyung simply nodded before continuing his way home.

An awkward silence ensued as Jungkook walked silently beside Taehyung, neither of them speaking.

The streets were beginning to look deserted as people began going home to their families.

"Chanyeol was telling me how you helped him practice his prayers." Taehyung spoke softly, eyes focused on the pavement ahead of him.

"My mother is too busy working to help him, felt bad since he kept asking."

Jungkook was grateful that Taehyung wasn't staring at him or else he would see the bright shade of red that adorned his cheeks.

"That was nice of you." Taehyung mumbled shyly.

"Yeah?" Jungkook breathed, glancing sideways at Taehyung as the two walked the lonely road together.

It felt nice, talking to each other as the light breeze blew through their hair, beautiful stars in the night sky like a galaxy.

Taehyung made a noise in response to Jungkook's question, leaving them in a more comfortable silence.

It was only then that Jungkook noticed the same Bible Taehyung always carried, in his left hand.

The smaller boy had a tight grip on the thick book, making Jungkook take notice of the pretty ring on his finger.

"What does your ring say?" Jungkook asked suddenly, not able to make out the words engraved on the band.

"Huh? Oh- um it says 'true love waits'." He spoke softly, blushing furiously under Jungkook's deep stare on the side of his face.

"That's- nice." 

"It's a purity ring." Taehyung's voice wavered gently.

Jungkook took a bit longer than expected to answer, mind reeling in the information given.

He was about to open his mouth when Taehyung spoke up again, voice gentle and soothing.

"I think it's a beautiful thing. To wait for God's blessing before giving yourself to another person." 

Jungkook's eyes softened as he turned his head to see Taehyung's side profile. Taking in the boy's sparkling eyes underneath the stars as he spoke about the things that motivated him.

"So you've never kissed anyone?" Jungkook found himself asking.

"Of course not. I want the first person I kiss to be the person I marry and stay with for the rest of my life. I'm saving myself."

As they turned the corner down Taehyung's street, Jungkook placed his hands in his pockets as a serious look overtook his face.

"Well whoever gets to marry you is certainly the luckiest person out there." He croaked out.

Taehyung could feel the deep blush decorating his cheeks at jungkook's words, feeling shy. 

They suddenly stopped walking as they stood in front of Taehyung's house.

He could see the living room lights on, meaning that someone was awake and waiting for him.

Taehyung inhaled sharply as he finally gained the courage to face Jungkook.

"Goodnight Jungkook." He whispered gently.

"Goodnight Taehyung." Jungkook gulped harshly as Taehyung turned and walked to his door.

He slowly turned one last time to glance at Jungkook before opening the door and disappearing behind it.

Jungkook stood there for a good second before putting his hood on and walking back home.

Meanwhile Taehyung panicked the second he saw his father sitting on their couch, not even staring at him.

"Where were you?" He asked coldly, not sparing him a glance.

"At the church father. I was cleaning like you told me to and I lost track of time-"

"Go to your room and do not come out of there. No dinner for tonight." 

Taehyung's stomach had been screaming at him for food all evening, making him bite his tongue from speaking more than he should.

"Yes father."