forty seven.

The softness of the sheets pooling around their hips lulled Taehyung into a state of tranquility he had no idea was achievable. 

His brain was still foggy and his heart was just beginning to settle in his chest as Jungkook hummed softly.

They were still in bed; Taehyung's body was half on top of Jungkook who was on his back.

He was resting his head on Jungkook's bare chest, one hand resting directly over his heart.

He could feel every breath he took, smiling foolishly to himself.

One of Jungkook's hands was on his nude back, tracing random patterns on his skin with his fingertips.

Taehyung knew Jungkook was teasing him, trying to get a reaction from him when he dipped his hands lower, under the sheets.

"Jungkook." He looked up immediately when he felt a finger sliding closer trying to reach for-

"Okay I'm sorry." He laughed lightly, leaning in to meet Taehyung's lips momentarily.

A soft blush adorned his cheeks, making Jungkook feel guilty when he saw the tired look in his eyes.

Of course he was, it had only been roughly an hour since they had- been together.

Jungkook rested his hand against his hip instead, pressing a kiss to Taehyung's hair.

Taehyung's thick lashes were gently fluttering against his skin, lip caught between his teeth.

And then he was slowly frowning, eyes gazing hard at the silver ring on his finger.

The words engraved on the band taunting him.

'True love waits'

"Is it such a bad thing?" Taehyung found himself asking, eyes never leaving his finger.

"What is?" Jungkook asked, confused.

"Not waiting until marriage. I mean I-... I thought it was a huge deal growing up. I never gave it a second thought, never questioned it. The church always said it was one of the only things you had to protect and ensure in our lives, our purity. I don't- I don't have that anymore."

Jungkook was frowning, brows drawn together as he gently flipped them around. 

Taehyung was pressed into the mattress below him, eyes wide and attentive as they pierced into his.

"I refuse to believe that... You're the purest person I know. Your mind, your heart and your soul are clean and that's all that matters."

"But my body-" Taehyung began softly.

"Your body is the most beautiful gift you've given to me so please don't start doubting anything that just happened between us. I love you okay?" Taehyung meekly nodded, smiling softly when he saw the small tint of red on Jungkook's cheeks.

"What?" He asked suddenly, eyes slightly embarrassed.

"You're always so good at reassuring me. It's nice." He hummed softly as he reached out to gently cup Jungkook's cheek.

Jungkook finally smiled, face turning so that he could kiss the palm of his hand making the boy giggle.

"I just don't want you to ever regret us."

Taehyung frowned lightly, gently pushing Jungkook down over him until he covered him like a sheet.

Jungkook could feel Taehyung's hands on his shoulders hugging him close as he tried his hardest not to crush the boy beneath him.

Instead, he quickly flipped them over so Taehyung laid on his chest, pressing small kisses to his chest.

Taehyung suddenly looked up at him before Jungkook could realize what he was doing, the boy was grabbing his hand and placing something into it.

It was his ring.

"Taehyung-" Jungkook began to protest.

"Please, I want you to have it." Taehyung spoke softly.

Jungkook stared at him conflicted, not knowing if he would be doing a good thing by taking it.

Taking, taking, and taking from him.

"... Okay." Jungkook spoke as he clutched the ring tightly in his hand, watching as Taehyung beamed up at him.

"Can we take a bath now?" Taehyung suggested with a hopeful smile, making Jungkook unable to do anything except smile back.

"Yeah, hold on." He spoke before Taehyung rolled off of him and he reached into his drawer.

He carefully placed the ring inside before closing it and getting up from the bed.

He was still naked but he figured he was well past modesty after what they had just done.

He walked over to where Taehyung was struggling to get off the bed, sheets around him.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked when Taehyung sat on the side of the bed, staring at the floor.

"I'm scared." He said blatantly.

Jungkook's brows furrowed as he stared down at him.

"Of what?"

"Well, what if I can't get up?" He said, cheeks slowly turning a soft red hue.

"What do you- oh." Jungkook breathed.

It was quiet for a second before Jungkook spoke again, "It's okay, I've got you." 

He gently reached out for Taehyung's hands, watching cautious as he got up.

He couldn't see beneath the endless pile of sheets around him but he just knew the boy's legs were shaky.

"Whoa." Taehyung stuttered as he took one step forward, hands tightly gripping Jungkook's.

"You okay?" He murmured.

"Well, it definitely hurts." He winced lightly when he took another step, grateful when Jungkook stayed put and waited for him.

"Should I just carry you?" 

"No- just wait." Taehyung groaned lightly as he pushed through, feeling the ugly sensation on his bottom every time he walked.

"You're walking like a baby deer." Jungkook mused, making Taehyung flush and glare at him playfully.

At last, they made it to the bathroom before Jungkook turned on the warm water while Taehyung waited with shaky legs.

"C'mere." Jungkook called when he sat down in the tub, making room for Taehyung to sit between his legs.

He slowly walked over with a pout on his lips before he let Jungkook hold his hips and help him sit.

A loud sigh left his lips when the warm water hit his muscles, head leaning back against Jungkook's.

They took their time bathing, hands pressing softly against the curves of their bodies.

Taehyung was in love.

So in love with the man touching him, holding him, loving him.

Taehyung was in the middle of giggling while Jungkook ruffled his hair with a towel when the sound of the front door opening and closing filled their ears.

Immediately they paused, eyes widening because they realized Jungkook's mother was home.