nine.

Jungkook ended up dropping them off in front of the church, helping them take down the tricycles from the truck.

Jimin huffed as he pushed the tricycles into the small storage room outside the church.

Taehyung and Jungkook stayed behind, watching Jimin disappear into the small room.

"What are these for anyways?" Jungkook mumbled.

"The church's annual charity event. It's tomorrow." Taehyung replied.

Jungkook just nodded his head as Jimin came out of the room.

"You should come." Jimin announced, a teasing smile on his face.

Taehyung stared at Jungkook expectantly, waiting for his answer. 

The boy didn't answer immediately, eyes shifting over to Taehyung.

"Nah, I don't think so." He trailed off, making Jimin pout childishly.

"Please! Tae, tell him he should come!" Jimin grabbed onto Jungkook's bicep, tugging at it.

Taehyung couldn't help the unknown feeling that swelled in his chest, eyes focused on the way Jimin held onto the older boy.

He quickly cleared his thoughts, remembering what Jimin had said.

"Uh- yeah, you should come." He spoke shyly.

Jungkook stared at him for a second too long before pushing Jimin's hands away and stating that he was leaving.

"Alright, bye Jungkookie! Thanks for the ride!" Jimin yelled as Jungkook sped off down the street.

"How do you know... them?" Taehyung asked curiously, as they stored all of the tricycles for the next day.

"Uh- Yoongi came into the bakery once and we quickly became friends. His father owns the tire shop we were just at. Jungkook is his friend."

-

The following day, Taehyung's father had him running around like crazy.

The event had just started and his father was demanding him to bring out more plates, more chairs, and more prizes for the games.

But nonetheless, it was perfect. 

The event was at full swing, the townspeople seemed to really be enjoying themselves.

"This is amazing son." The pastor smiled, patting Taehyung's shoulder lightly.

Of course it was all for show.

"Thank you, father." Taehyung smiled lightly, watching as a group of children passed by laughing amongst themselves.

"I'm going to go inside and pray for a bit. I'm leaving you in charge, do not disappoint me." He lowered his voice towards the end.

"Of course father." He replied.

He and his father parted ways, Taehyung walking over to Jimin who was in charge of the lemonade stand.

"Hey, you want some lemonade?" Jimin smiled.

"Yeah sure." Taehyung thanked the boy as he took a sip of his drink.

"It's really good." Taehyung complimented as he hummed in delight.

"Thanks, I helped make it." Jimin giggled, eyes scrunching up.

"I'm going to go see if the other stands need anything." Taehyung informed his friend as he turned to walk away.

He began making his way over to one of the booths, occasionally bumping into people and saying 'excuse me' about ten times.