twenty three.

Jungkook exhaled loudly as he waited in the back of the bakery Jimin's family owned.

He had made sure to arrive fairly early, wanting to be there before Taehyung got there.

Jimin had told Taehyung's mother that he wanted to see Taehyung at the bakery, now hoping that the boy would actually go.

"What if he doesn't even show up?" Jungkook huffed, trying to look out of the window in case he saw Taehyung nearing the place.

"Well then he must have caught on that it's a trap." Jimin glared at him, still a bit upset that he was lying to get his friend there.

Both boys were waiting in the back, out of sight.

Jimin had put a 'closed' sign above the door to ensure that no one else would interrupt.

He had drew down the blinds so that no one could potentially see inside the shop.

The plan was for Jungkook to walk out instead of Jimin, meanwhile the shorter boy would leave through the back, giving them the privacy they needed to talk.

They were too busy bickering back and forth to realize that the bell above the door had rung.

"Jimin?" Taehyung's sweet voice called out, looking around for his friend.

He sighed sadly getting ready to walk back out the door, when someone stepped out from the back.

Except it wasn't Jimin who came out, but the one person he had been trying to avoid for the past week, Jungkook.

His eyes widened as his body froze up, not knowing what to do.

Jungkook gulped harshly as he stayed glued in his spot, not believing that Taehyung was finally in front of him.

"Hey." Jungkook breathed, slowly taking a step forward.

That was more than enough for Taehyung to turn around, ready to run out the door.

But a hand on his wrist stopped him from doing so.

"Let go." Taehyung spoke firmly, looking back at Jungkook with a blank expression on his face.

Jungkook's eyes were filled with hurt but he refused to let go, instead shook his head lightly.

"No." He said, the sound of the back door opening and closing filled his ears, Jimin was long gone.

The more he stared into Taehyung's eyes, the more he began to realize that Taehyung's strong front was slowly deteriorating.

"We need to talk about what happened." Jungkook continued, watching as Taehyung inhaled sharply at his words.

"Nothing happened." Taehyung said, almost as if he were trying to convince himself of it.

"We kissed-" Jungkook began.

"You kissed me." Taehyung cut him off, trying to free his wrist from Jungkook's grasp but to no avail. 

"Please stop lying to yourself. You let me kiss you Taehyung. Y-You were responding to me-" Jungkook spoke softly, letting his guard down.

Taehyung violently shook his head as silent tears fell down his cheeks, "You're wrong! It's wrong!"

He tried to jerk his hand away, but Jungkook held him tighter.

"Wrong?... Is it wrong that I want to be able to hold your hand? I want to be able to hug you and kiss you and be there for you every second of the day." Jungkook confessed, feeling his voice crack as anger started to build up.

He could see the internal battle in Taehyung's mind, feeling tears of his own build up in his eyes. 

"Do not say those things." Taehyung begged.

"Why shouldn't I? It's the truth and I'm done hiding it." Jungkook spoke, eyes pleading.

He suddenly felt Taehyung stop struggling against him, his shoulders slump downwards.

It was as if he were giving up but still trying to pick up one last fight, to convince himself otherwise.

"I do not need a reason to be angry with God." Taehyung cried softly, body shaking.

In that moment Jungkook knew that Taehyung was admitting to his feelings, but still trying to suppress those urges.

"If there is one thing I learned in these past few days, it's that God loves all his children and nothing that anyone says can ever change that." Jungkook spoke, carefully and slowly bringing Taehyung against his chest, hands gently wrapping around his waist.

Taehyung looked up at him with such vulnerability that Jungkook could not tear his gaze away even if he wanted to.

His eyes were still filled with tears as he managed to speak, "I'm scared."

He sounded like a frightened child, afraid of the dark and the creatures that lurked within it.

Jungkook's eyes softened at his words, his voice firm when he spoke, "You don't have to be anymore."

Taehyung made a noise in his throat, sniffling loudly as he stood in front of Jungkook.

"Promise me... Promise me that this is forever." Taehyung whispered, a lone tear falling down his face.

"I promise." Jungkook whispered back without hesitation.

This time it had been Taehyung who shakily leaned forward to press their lips together, igniting a fire in their bodies.

It was slow and it was sweet and perfect because it was Taehyung.

It was his trembling fingers that pressed on the lower part of Jungkook's jaw as their lips danced together.

The small whines that melted into the kiss as Jungkook made sure to hold him close, arms tightly wrapped around his waist.

Because Kim Taehyung was finally his and no one was ever going to take him away as long as he was alive.