twenty nine.

Taehyung sniffled as he shakily laid on his stomach, watching through tear filled eyes as his father stormed out of his room, leaving him.

He sobbed loudly at the stinging sensation all over his back, rubbing painfully against his clothes.

He whimpered when he realized he couldn't move an inch. He was almost certain he could feel blood oozing out of his wounds from the amount of times his father whipped him with the belt.

It wasn't the first time he had done it, but it had been a while since he had been punished with it and received that amount of whips.

At first he had begged him to stop, crying pitifully as his father brought down the belt two, three times. 

He stopped pleading after the tenth time.

He blinked furiously, lashes wet with tears. His lips were quivering violently as he laid on his stomach, not knowing what to do with himself.

Perhaps he was still in a bit of shock, still processing what had happened.

After what felt like forever Taehyung slowly managed to drop himself onto the floor, wincing lightly as he landed on all fours.

He cried as he slowly stood up, his back still burning.

He managed to drag his feet to the bathroom as he gently removed his clothes, whimpering loudly as he took off his shirt.

He bit his lip harshly when he noticed the small blood stains on the back of his shirt, making him inhale shakily.

He was too scared to look at his back in the mirror, terrified that he would see something as horrifying as his skin split open.

The second the warm water hit his back, his knees buckled lightly as the stinging sensation only intensified.

He bit his hand to stop himself from screaming, shutting his eyes tightly.

After a few seconds he began getting used to the pain, opening his eyes only to see the water falling from his body was tinted red.

He let out a small noise of panic, terrified that it might be worse than he anticipated.

He stayed in the shower until the water eventually ran clear and turned cold.

He wiped the condensation from the bathroom mirror, a towel around his waist.

He looked at his own reflection staring back at him, red, glossy eyes and quivering lips.

He shakily turned around trying to catch a glimpse of his back, a strangled sob leaving his lips when he saw the damage.

Long, red inflamed slashes across his back, all over each other in different directions. They were an angry red color but thankfully no longer bleeding.

Taehyung's heart dropped, realizing how bad the damage was.

He could feel himself begin to panic, his breathing coming out hitched and in small puffs.

The air around him wasn't enough, he needed more.

His vision was beginning to get blurry, the room spinning like no tomorrow.

He grabbed at his hair, pulling the strands roughly as he panicked.

"No, no, no." He whispered to himself as he stumbled around the bathroom, making his way back to his bedroom.

He shakily reached into his drawer, pulling out the only thing that he knew could bring him comfort.

The hoodie Jungkook had let him borrow when he walked him home after the car race.

He had kept it safe, hidden behind all of his own clothes. And now he held it against his chest, inhaling the familiar scent like his life depended on it.

He could feel himself slowly returning to normal, no longer hearing the ringing in his ears.

He shakily pulled it over his head, being careful with his back. It was perfect and oversized so it wouldn't press against his wounds and overall, it just smelled like Jungkook.

After putting on some underwear, he slowly climbed into bed once again, sniffling loudly as he laid on his stomach, knowing he would have to sleep that way for the next few days.

-

Taehyung tried to avoid walking home the same route the following day, biting his lip as he turned down another road.

He felt awful knowing that Jungkook was most likely waiting for him to turn down the street.

He was just about to turn down another street when he heard a familiar voice calling his name, "Taehyung!"

Taehyung's stomach sank when he realized it was Jungkook, sighing softly as he turned around, pretending like he hadn't seen him.

"Hey why are you walking this way?" He asked as he caught up to Taehyung, making room for two girls to pass them, leaving them behind.

"Oh, I didn't see you so I thought you weren't coming." And for the first time ever, Taehyung faked a smile for Jungkook.

Jungkook hummed lightly, making Taehyung exhale softly realizing that he had bought it.

That was until the male leaned in to kiss him, Taehyung instantly melting against his touch.

But the second Jungkook wrapped his arms around Taehyung's waist and began sliding his hands up and down his back, he was done.

He could feel Jungkook's tongue gliding around his mouth as he let out a pain filled whimper, not going unnoticed by Jungkook who quickly pulled away.

His brows were furrowed as he eyed Taehyung's closed eyelids, nose scrunched up in pain.

He could feel Taehyung's small fists clenching the front of his shirt, making him concerned.

"Hey what's wrong, did I hurt you?" Jungkook asked immediately, not realizing that his hands were still pressed against Taehyung's injured back.

"N-No, I'm fine." Taehyung stuttered, a pain filled gasp leaving his lips when Jungkook gently pulled him closer.

His breathing was beginning to come out uneven, his back burning with Jungkook's touch.

"You're not fine, you're clearly in pain." Jungkook spoke, eyes desperately searching for answers.

"J-Jungkook I-I'm-" Taehyung paused, whimpering loudly when Jungkook pressed his hand painfully against his back.

Small tears gathered around Taehyung's eyes at the pain, the feeling of Jungkook watching him was too much.

Jungkook's eyes studied his reaction, face drawn in concentration before things seemed to click.

His hands immediately let go of Taehyung, taking a step back in shock as his wide eyes seemed to find the ground more interesting.

Taehyung's breathing hitched when he was roughly dragged by his wrist to a nearby alleyway, Jungkook was breathing loudly beside him.

"Lift up your shirt." He said lowly.

Taehyung let out a small noise in protest, not wanting Jungkook to see him like that.

He wasn't supposed to ever find out in the first place and Taehyung knew that it wasn't going to end well.

"No, Jungkook please-" he begged for Jungkook to change his mind, he didn't want to show him what his own father had done.

He was ashamed of it, of letting his father hurt him and not able to do anything about it.

Perhaps he deserved what he got all along. 

"Lift up your shirt Taehyung." Jungkook whispered, leaving no room for argument.

Taehyung felt himself slowly lift the hem of his shirt, eyes filling with tears as he focused his gaze on the ground, not wanting to see Jungkook's look of disgust.

He could hear Jungkook's sharp inhale before the sound of a trashcan being angrily kicked filled his ears.