thirty.

Taehyung winced at the loud noise, letting his shirt fall back down.

He turned around to see Jungkook practically seething, jaw clenched and eyes dark.

Taehyung couldn't stop the tears, he could just imagine how pathetic he looked.

"Jungkook-" 

"Goddammit, Taehyung. It was him, wasn't it?!" Jungkook asked angrily, fists clenched as he stood in front of Taehyung, breathing heavily.

Taehyung was terrified, he had never seen Jungkook this angry. Not since Hoseok spit on him back at the car race.

But this Jungkook was scary and intimidating, glaring down at him.

Taehyung just sobbed in response not knowing what to say. He watched as Jungkook ran his hands through his hair roughly.

"Your father did this?!" He asked again, eyes searching for answers even though he already knew.

He knew, he knew because he had heard all about Taehyung's father. The pastor of their beloved church. 

He knew that the man was a facade, a lying scamming asshole. But he put those opinions aside the moment he met Taehyung, realizing that if his son was an angel than the man had done something right.

But this, this was too far.

A big slap in the face for ever believing that Taehyung was safe in his own household.

Taehyung cried as he slowly nodded his head, making Jungkook curse loudly and knock over more trash cans.

"B-But it was my fault! I snuck out of the house s-so I deserved it. It's okay." Taehyung tried to justify his father's gruesome actions, trying to reach out to grab Jungkook who only seemed get even angrier.

"Taehyung no, no, no. He doesn't get to do that. He doesn't get to hurt you." Jungkook breathed.

Taehyung was silent for a moment, desperately trying to brush away his tears.

"It's okay, i-it barely even hurts." He whispered softly, not realizing that he was only encouraging Jungkook to do what he so desperately wanted to.

"It's not okay Taehyung and I'll make sure he knows that." He shook his head, turning on his heel with determination in his eyes.

Taehyung's eyes widened and his breathing hitched, realizing that Jungkook was going to confront his father and he knew it wouldn't end well.

"Jungkook don't please." Taehyung cried, running after him and grabbing his arm.

But the boy didn't stop, continuing on his way with Taehyung clinging from his arm, unable to stop him.

"Please stop! Jungkook don't do this!" Taehyung begged, trying desperately to pull him back, his efforts resulting unsuccessful.

The boy was extremely determined, until Taehyung sank to his knees, grabbing onto one of Jungkook's ankles.

"Please I'm begging you don't go! Jungkook p-please! He's my father!" Taehyung cried until the force fighting against him stopped.

He looked up with tear filled eyes to see Jungkook staring down at him with a hurt expression on his face before he gently lifted him up to stand.

"He hurt you- he hurt you and it's driving me insane. I-I can't see you like this." Jungkook croaked out, eyes clearly bloodshot.

He gently pressed their foreheads together, both of them simultaneously closing their eyes.

"I'm sorry." Taehyung whispered softly.

"Don't ever apologize. You did nothing wrong." Jungkook whispered back, gently cupping Taehyung's face with his hands.

"I was so scared." Taehyung whimpered out after a moment, voice sounding so little.

"I'm right here now, you're safe." Jungkook brought Taehyung against his chest, hands gently cradling his head.

They stayed like that for a few more minutes before Taehyung slowly spoke, "I have to go, m-my father is waiting for me." 

Jungkook gripped him tighter, feeling his anger beginning to return. He buried his nose into Taehyung's hair, inhaling his sweet scent.

"Jungkook." Taehyung said again, until the male slowly let him go, watching as the smaller male began walking away.

Once he disappeared down the street, Jungkook's soft expression quickly changed now that he was alone.

He was fucking livid.

Taehyung shouldn't have to take that, no one should.

He needed to blow off some steam and what better way than to knock over all of the garbage cans in his way.

"Hey! You heathen! Get out of here!" A man called from the other side of the alleyway, making Jungkook walk away with a clenched jaw.

He just kept walking and walking until he made it to the tire shop, breathing heavily with his head down.

"You're like twenty minutes late." Yoongi sighed as he wiped the grease from his hands.

Jungkook didn't reply, hoodie covering his face as he stared at the ground.

"What are you still standing there for? Go change." Yoongi instructed until he noticed that Jungkook wouldn't budge.

"That fucking asshole hits him." He spoke lowly, venom dripping from his voice.

Yoongi stood confused for a second before his words seemed to click, watching cautiously as Jungkook clenched his fists.

"Jungkook..." Yoongi spoke hesitantly, voice filled with sympathy.

"I know, trust me I know and you don't have to keep reminding me." Jungkook felt vulnerable.

"You don't know how badly I want to bash his fucking head in." Jungkook could feel angry tears building up in his eyes, knowing that it was okay to cry in front of Yoongi.

"But you won't, so come over here and sit the fuck down." Yoongi spoke as he pushed Jungkook down onto a chair.

He quickly walked over to their mini fridge and took out a bottle of water, handing it to the shaking male.

"I'm going to tell him hyung. He can't keep staying there-" Jungkook began, voice panicked as he began getting up.

"Jungkook stop. That is not your call to make, regardless of what he has done, he is still Taehyung's father and that will only hurt him even more if he finds out."

"Then what am I supposed to do then?! Watch as my boyfriend gets punished by his psychotic father who doesn't even know the first thing about the church?!"

"Then what do you suggest? You go up to Taehyung and tell him the truth without any evidence?! Do you really think he's going to believe you Jungkook? Over his own family?" Yoongi spat, now getting a bit heated himself.

Jungkook sure knows how to rile him up.

Jungkook growled lowly, feeling so fucking helpless at the situation, knowing that Yoongi was right.

"It's not fair hyung." Jungkook croaked out after a second of silence.

"I know." Yoongi replied quietly as he squatted in front of the crying boy.