thirty four.

Taehyung sighed as he walked out of Mass, grateful that he had not seen Jungkook inside the church.

He knew avoiding him was stupid but he tried to put it off for as long as possible.

He didn't want to hear him say how much he regretted ever being with Taehyung and ultimately breaking his already broken heart even more.

Thankfully Sunday class had been cancelled so he didn't have to panic as he waited for someone to pick Chanyeol up.

But his father had still ordered him to stock up the classrooms, bring supplies in and whatnot for next week's activity.

He took the key out of his pocket as he unlocked his empty classroom, not paying attention to his surrounds.

So when he felt someone push him into the room once he got the door to open, he panicked.

He gasped as he turned around, heart racing at the sight of Jungkook closing the classroom door and locking it.

"Jungkook what are you doing here?" Taehyung breathed as he leaned against a desk, watching as Jungkook stepped closer to him.

His eyes were filled with undoubtable desperation as he caged the smaller against the desk, face only inches from his.

"Why did you leave with him? Tell me nothing happened." Jungkook begged, gripping Taehyung's hips tightly as the boy tried to pry his hands away.

Taehyung let out a noise of discontent as he grew more upset, feeling caged in.

"Let me go, you have no right to even ask a-after what you did." Taehyung spoke, voice getting louder with every word.

"Taehyung please just stop. You're still mine-" 

"Am I? Certainly, didn't stop you from kissing that other girl, did it?" Taehyung spoke, angry tears filling his eyes.

"Was it all a sick joke to you? Mess with the stupid church boy to see how far you could get with me? Huh?" 

Taehyung croaked out, banging his fists against Jungkook's chest.

He could feel the way his heart tugged painfully, his own words hurting him.

But Jungkook shook his head violently, grabbing Taehyung's wrists to stop him.

"What the fuck are you talking about? I would never play with your feelings like that." 

Jungkook spoke, voice gradually able to calm Taehyung down enough for him to stop trembling like a leaf.

He had stopped struggling against Jungkook, knowing it was utterly pointless.

He was just angry and hurt beyond comprehension, looking for answers.

Jungkook sighed as he placed his hand on Taehyung's lower back, the smaller not yet making a move to push his hand away.

"Let me explain please."

"Okay." 

"I was a little drunk... I went into Yoongi's bedroom to use the bathroom and I realized how dizzy and out of it I was," 

Jungkook paused, eyes begging for Taehyung to just look at him as the smaller boy stared blankly at his chest, sniffling softly.

"So, I-I laid back on his bed for a few minutes, but I guess I fell asleep because I woke up to that girl kissing me. Taehyung, I swear to you that I was trying to push her off when you walked in baby. I don't even know who she is, Tae please."

Jungkook whispered towards the end as he watched Taehyung cry silently, eyes finally meeting Jungkook's.

His voice was small when he finally spoke, pouty bottom lip quivering.

"I-I don't know whether to believe you or not. My brain is telling me that I'm trying too hard to accept the answer that I want to hear but my heart is telling me that you would never ever do that to me."

Taehyung's voice cracked towards the end, Jungkook's hand coming up to cup his cheek gently.

He was breathing heavily as he pressed their foreheads together, swallowing harshly.

"I can't lose you Taehyung, please." He murmured, heart stammering in his chest.

"It's not enough- just your words aren't enough." Taehyung shook his head gently, biting his bottom lip.

"What do you want me to do? I'll do anything, just tell me." Jungkook begged, desperately gripping his hand.

"I don't know..." Taehyung shook his head, brows furrowed.

"How do you expect me to fix things if you don't tell me how?" Jungkook spoke, voice gradually rising.

"Don't you get it? Jungkook, I went against everything that I knew, for you. I'm the one who's losing here. I chose to believe that you wanted me the second you kissed me. Your actions mean more to me than some stupid words that anyone could say."

Taehyung managed to push Jungkook's hands away, in a swift motion he stood by the door, no longer in Jungkook's arms.

The male was still standing in the same spot, eyes following Taehyung as silence loomed over them.

"I-I'm sorry but I can't forgive you." 

And with that, he unlocked the door, walking out of the room, leaving Jungkook behind to wallow in self-pity.

As Taehyung walked away, he heard the distance sound of a table being flipped, causing him to falter in his step before resuming.