Chapter 4 • Present Day

Lisa's P.O.V

I was busy scrolling through my Instagram account, when suddenly my phonce vibrated and a text message from Jungkook popped out.

From: Jungkook

Hi Lali, can I ask you out on a date this coming Friday?

I already forgave him for what he did to our relationship, but just like any other people that incident is giving me a hard time to forget. He begged me not to leave him and he promised that this time we will make our relationship work like we always dreamed of.

To: Jungkook

Sorry. I'm busy this Friday. I have a job interview to attend to.

I'm not ignoring him like what I did months ago, its just that everytime I see him I can clearly remember that painful past and it still kills me.

Riiiinnnnnggg.. Riiiiinggggg..

Jungkook Calling...

I answered it after a few rings.

" Hi Lali, where's your interview this coming Friday? I can accompany and wait you then we can have dinner afterwards." He sounded so determined while uttering those words to me.

" Oh hey, Jeon. My interview is at Brixton Corporation. I don't think you have to do that since my interview plus examination will last for about 4 to 5 hours, you'll just be bore to death." I stated cause the HR already gave me a heads up that it will last for freakin' 5 hours, dude.

" Don't worry about it, Lisa. I'll just wait for you until you finished at the companies lobby then let's have dinner. My treat, of course. Sounds like a plan?" I can sense from his voice that he is expecting me to say yes.

" Uhmm Jeon, you don't have to do this you know? I've already forgiven you. I'm telling you that it will bore the hell out of you to wait for me for 5 hours." I told him honestly.

" Please, Lisa? Allow me to do this for you plus I also want it not just because I am sorry. It is because I love you so much and I want you to know that I am there with you as you go through your whole job application journey. I know how hard it is for you to see me knowing that you remeber the bullshit I caused you." I can hear sincerity in his voice and it breaks my heart, realizing that both of us are deeply hurting in our situation.

" Alright Jungkook, my interview is at 9 in the morning on Friday. Let's just meet at the company? How's it?" I finally gave him a chance of accompanying me at my interview that wouldn't be bad, right?

" Thank you so much, Lali. I'll just pick you up at your house, okay? Just to make sure you are safe." Finally, his jolly tone came back.

Jungkook's P.O.V

Can we just skip Wednesday & Thursday and be Friday already? I can't wait to spend the whole day with Lisa. Well technically, not the whole because she has an interview for 5 hours.

I'm pretty sure 5 hours will past by like years, but I don't cars anymore as long as I can spend my day with the woman I love the most. I need to prove to her that I am worthy for her 2nd chance.

" Why are you smiling like a total creep, Kook? Something good happen?" RM hyung saw it while entering the kitchen.

" Hyung, Lisa allowed me to accompany her at her job interview this coming Friday. I promise not to mess it up this time." I said with so much joy in my voice.

" That's great news, Kook. Ask Jin hyung if he could prepare you and Lisa breakfast that day because for sure the interview will be goddamn early in the morning and knowing Lisa? She's not a morning person, bet she won't eat breakfast." RM hyung giving me advice, perks of them knowing my girlfriend of almost 2 years really well.

" Noted hyung. Thanks." I immediately run to Jin hyung's room to inform him in advance.

Knock.. Knock...

" Come in." I heard Jin hyung shouted that's why I barged in at his room.

" Hyung, can I ask you a favor?" I asked nervously, he was so angry at me when he found out that I cheated on Lisa. I hope he can forgive me soon.

" What is it?" He replied with a cold tone and I won't blame him for that.

" Can you cook breakfast for me and Lisa? Because she has an interview to attend to on Friday, and you know her. She will choose her 5 minutes sleep extension than to eat breakfast." I said as a matter of factly, because that is an absolute fact.

" Sure. Just a reminder, Kook if you mess up for the 2nd time. I swear I won't bother myself helping you win her back." He said with authority. I know he isn't joking and that made me more determined to be the best version of myself.

- - -

Have you experienced being cheated on? Did you gave that person a second chance?

💜 hdominique