Part 11

Chapter 11

"You are here?" Ray said surprised as he saw Kai on the couch "I thought you wanted me here, but it's okay if you..." Kai said getting up "NOOOO" Max said pushing him back on the couch to which Ray looked at Arvi and she patted his back whispering "I told you so" as she went for getting popcorns.

"Hey make room for me" Arvi said as she came back after passing popcorns to Max and Tyson to which Ray shifted away from Kai, and Kai glared at her "What ??" She said as she sat between them just to tease him a bit more. "I am going to pick the Movie" Tyson yelled going through the DVDs as he picked one to play.

"This is so boring " Arvi whispered in Ray's ears "I know but what can we do ?" Ray gave her a look of helplessness. She looked at Kai who had his eyes closed and head laid back on the Sofa "I think he fell asleep." Arvi giggled with Ray as they spotted the tired Phoenix dozing off next to them.

Kai opened his eyes as he felt the weight on his shoulder, Arvi had fallen asleep resting her head on his shoulder he rolled his eyes annoyed and looked around only to find Ray asleep on Arvi's shoulder and Tyson, Max, and Kenny asleep on the floor. He shook his head and switched the TV off. He tried to move a bit which wasn't a success as Arvi snuggled closer to him holding his arm tight, groaning he laid his head back on the couch and closed his eyes again.

"You aren't trying hard enough." the man yelled "I am. I really am." The girl sobbed "Take her away" he commanded to which the guards tried pulling her away "no..no please no please " The girl begged but it was all in vain.

She was having the nightmare again, Kai could tell, her lips trembled and her nails were digging in his arm, her temperature was rising at an alarming rate. He could feel the heat on his arm and it was hurting him but he decided not to move, he was trained for worse of the things he looked at shivering figure unable to make out the words she was mumbling, he watched her like every other night. "Past" he thought again, not moving his eyes from her figure, he could feel his skin burning under her touch, his pale white skin was turning red and he knew she would be up any moment. He closed his eyes and laid back "nooo" He heard her faint voice as she gasped for breath.

"Oh, shit " he heard her say, maybe she saw what she did to him Kai guessed as she quickly pulled her hands away from him. " oh no no no no !!" He could clearly hear her panicking voice. Maybe he got the marks he thought just when he felt her now cold fingers brushing over his burned skin, it felt soothing as she blew over his marks. He felt a sharp twinge of pain and the burning sensation was gone, he controlled himself from opening his eyes to see what was happening at the moment, He could hear her getting up putting a cushion beneath Ray's head and leaving for the room silently.

Finally convinced she is gone Kai opened his eyes looking at the marks at his arms, they were still there but looked older and fainted. The burning sensation was long gone, he traced the marks with his long fingers " What in the hell?" He whispered to himself looking at the door of his room.