Part 20

Chapter 20

" I am telling you she won't talk to anyone for more than three minutes. " Kai whispered in Ray's ear " seriously Kai you are being absurd stop looking at her, you are looking like a lovesick puppy." Ray said annoyed as Kai pulled him away from Mariah just to whisper stuff about Arvi, Kai gave Ray deathly glare.

" what?? From the moment we have arrived in this corner all you are doing is watching her. What am I supposed to make of it ?" He said, throwing his hands in the air. " I am telling you there is something wrong with this girl." Kai said coldly " No I think there is something wrong with YOU, just leave her alone and let me go talk to Mariah will you ?" Ray said looking at Mariah. "Don't get distracted." Kai huffed " I know, you have told me this thousand times now I remember it by heart, I know Mariah is not in our team she is a competitor and I won't flow with emotion and discuss blading and strategies with her ok? now I will leave. " Ray huffed and left.

" Kai!! " Tala called him out as he reached up to Kai again "Here!!" he said, passing him a drink which Kai took " what happened? Did you guys have an argument? you look pretty mad ? is everything ok ?" Tala asked, concerned " yeah it's all fine." Kai said as his eyes searched for Arvi again.

"You can't lie to me you know, we always had a special bond, I know you better than everyone else don't I? " Tala said as he placed his hand on Kai's . " umm... it's nothing. " Kai smiled as he pulled his hand back quickly and ran it through his hair refusing to look back at Tala, " well, the new haircut looks good on you by the way." Tala said trying to follow Kai's eyes " it's because of her or else I wouldn't have let anyone touch my hair, you know I don't give a shit about my hair-do's. " Kai said mindlessly.

"Your manager, strange I didn't think someone could force you to do things." Tala said his tone firm now "'tell me about her ? is she really good enough to be in YOUR team ?" Tala said as he finally stood up between Kai and his view, which clearly annoyed the phoenix. " you think I will just take up anyone in MY team ?" Kai looked directly into Tala's eyes to which he quickly looked at the ground going red . " what is up with you ?" the phoenix asked as he saw Tala blushing hard. "umm.. umm nothing." Tala said as he smiled idiotically. "How is the team ?" Kai asked, ignoring Tala's reactions as they were making him uncomfortable by now. "They all are good, but everyone misses you! " Tala said, playing with glass in his hand. "Are you guys ready with your strategies ?" Kai asked " can't we talk about something else then blading? it's not important to be this formal all the time you know " Tala said, " what else do you wish to talk about ?" Kai said, feeling all weird and awkward. " anything, tell me about Arvi, I heard you and Ray talking about her, are you close to her ? is she really that good ?" Tala said as he could see Kai's eyes searching for someone.

"Well she is different, kind of weird if you ask me, don't you think ??" Kai replied suddenly interested in conversation making Tala frown, " yeah, her hair is weird." Tala fumed, " anyways if you think she is weird you must stay away from her. " Tala said as he pulled Kai away with him to a corner. " umm... Tala, I will just be back. I have to go and check on Tyson ok ?" Kai said after a moment "Kai !! Can we meet tomorrow? " Tala said as he held Kai's hand to stop him. " yeah sure" Kai nodded. " Ok, then I will ping you the time and place ?" He asked hopefully and Kai nodded before almost running away from him.

" What the .. how even ?" Kai fumed as he smashed the glass on the ground " Tala ????" he closed his eyes to let everything sink in, willing it to be just a nightmare, he opened his eyes slowly but he could still feel a pair of eyes following him " Tyson, would you just STOP ?" Kai pulled his plate away as he fumed " why are you getting angry on me? it's not costing you anything." Tyson said his mouth full of food, Kai would have trashed him a bit more but something caught his eye and he hurried towards the exit.