Part 47

Chapter 47

"I can BE with you." Kai said as he kneeled before her, taking her hands in his making her look at him with horror. "No, it's just better if I stay away just a week more and I will leave. I don't want you to be part of this." she said as she pulled her hands out of his grip and got up to leave just to be pulled back by him, he intertwined their fingers together as she tried to get her hand out of his grip.

"You know what? this is MY life and I get to decide for myself, and I have decided that I want to be a part of this and I am going to be with you no matter what. So, it will be easier for both of us if you just get the situation clear in your head, you cannot just barge in my life and then leave whenever you want, I am not going to allow that." He said seriously looking at her. "Trust me, it will be better if you just let me go." Arvi said as she struggled to get her hand out of his grip. " I TAKE DECISIONS HERE, and I already made myself very clear. So next time you want to go anywhere you tell me first, you feel troubled you tell me, something wrong with you, you come straight to me I don't want you to go through anything alone, yeah I cannot reduce your pain but at least I can be there for you, sometimes company helps in recovering and I learned that being part of Bladebreakers." Kai said as he nudged her playfully with his shoulder.

"I still don't think it's a good idea." Arvi frowned "Well, I think it is. You see after the championship all we will have are memories, and I am willing to make it with someone I... I... umm consider You a friend, a good one. Don't you keep on telling me to live in the present then why are you worried about the future now? give us some happy time while you are with us, and actually you should even stay with us after the championship." Kai said his eyes closed and the smile played on his lips to which Arvi smiled sadly.

"If I do as you say, can you promise me that you will stay like this ?" she asked before she could stop herself, " like this? what do you mean?" Kai raised his brows confused. "Gentle, calm, caring and understanding without the walls actually, just how you really are instead of what you pretend to be, no matter what happens even if I leave after the championship. Can you promise me to be this happy with the memories instead of any regrets? can you promise me that?" She asked as she forwarded her pinky finger looking at which Kai let out a small laugh before slipping his finger in "I promise".

"Let's just sleep now it's late." Arvi said as she checked her watch. "Yeah, you go on, I will get to bed in a minute." Kai said but raised his brows as Arvi didn't move." what??" he asked "my hand" She said as she looked at their hands intertwined together, " mind letting it go ?" she said in raising her brows, "oh...ah... I am sorry." Kai left her hand as he blushed deep red, ruffling his hair. "I didn't know you could blush too, too much information in a day." she giggled looking at him making him blush harder.

"Just go and sleep will you?" he said pushing her away gently," yeah... yeah..." she said as she left to freshen up.

Kai shook his head as he took his phone out quickly texting to Tala he knew he would be worried sick for them as he lost his temper on the call. "Thanks for informing me about Arvi. She is fine now don't worry." he read the text again before he sent it.

"Thank goodness, it isn't anything serious right? " his reply came within a second "Nope. All good. don't worry!" Kai replied to him, smiling at his worried friend.