Part 41

Chapter 41

"Spenser is going to be the first one, Max be careful." Kai said his mind working fast to maintain the team's position in absence of Tyson to which Max nodded, "Why everything seems to be going wrong?" Kai thought to himself as he had a strange kind of negative vibe even before the battle started, the battle ended as Kai feared it too, Max losing to Spenser even after putting up a good fight.

"I am really sorry guys." Max said, on the verge of crying. "It's ok it happens." Kai said as he patted his shoulder and looked at Ray hopefully, to which Ray nodded and left for his match with Bryan, "Please don't let me down Ray, we cannot lose this." Kai thought to himself as he checked the watch again and then the entrance gates but there were still no signs of Tyson.

"Just accept your defeat, Ray." Bryan shouted as he was tired of Ray coming back at him again and again. "I am going to win this, I don't have any other option. I cannot let Kai down." Ray said as he called out Drigger for his final attack, smashing Bryan's blade out finally, Keeping the hopes of Bladebreakers alive.

"It was a nice match." Bryan sighed as he took his blade out of the dish to which Ray smiled at him hurrying back to his team. "Are they here yet?" he huffed clearly exhausted from the battle to which Max shook his head." I didn't want this Tala but I don't have any other option now." Kai thought to himself as he looked at his opponent, "I will go for next match." Kai said as he moved forward just when he felt a tight grip on his arm.

" Tyson ?" he turned around and raised his brow at Arvi, "He cannot play, he needs rest!" she replied, making Kai's shoulder drop. "Then there is no other option I guess." Kai said. " I will go." Arvi said firmly. "NO!!" Kai said without missing a beat. "Come on, you need to trust me here." Arvi said looking at him. "You know it's the right thing to do." she whispered as she walked past him but Kai stopped her firmly holding her wrist. " You don't have to do this " He said, "I will win, trust me okay." Arvi chuckled as she pulled her hand out of his grip which Kai didn't wish to let go.

"It's fine, she will win!" Ray said as he patted him. " I know she will but something just feels so wrong about this." Kai said never take his eyes off her. "Maybe you are just overthinking." Ray said looking at him to which Kai shook his head.

"I thought Tyson would be playing." Tala said as Arvi took her place. " well, he isn't feeling well but I will try my best not to disappoint you." she replied smiling. "I have heard how great you are, I think it's good that I have a chance to experience that myself." Tala said as he looked at Kai. "ah.. I will say I have heard a lot about you too so be careful." Arvi chuckled. " I will be." Tala replied, "Wolborg, get ready." Tala whispered to her snow fox as they got ready for their positions.

" 3...2...1...let it rip " and their blades circled around the dish with the start. "What was I thinking, I shouldn't have let her go, this is wrong this is so wrong!!" Kai thought to himself his face clearly showing the panic and worry. " Kai, she will be fine don't worry. You know she is good, what are you worried about? she won't let us down Relax." Ray patted him totally missing out on what Kai really was worried about.