Part 36

Chapter 36

"Get up!! we got work to do." Kai patted Arvi gently to which she woke up rubbing her eyes. "Morning" she smiled at him, to which he nodded. " you get Ray and Kenny, I will get Max and Tyson." he said as he moved forward to leave when he felt a grip on his wrist making him stop in his way " what?" He asked as he looked at her. " don't be harsh on Tyson, we cannot afford to injure a teammate." Arvi said as if trying to make a kid understand. " I know." Kai said as he rolled his eyes to which she chuckled.

" where are they ?" Ray said as he jumped up and down warming his body up. " They will be here soon, maybe Tyson isn't up yet " she replied as she stretched, just when the door opened. " what took you so long Kai??" Arvi started as she thought it was him just to be disappointed as it was not him but Brooklyn. "Oh it's not your lovely guy it's just me and my team. Disappointed?" Brooklyn smirked, gesturing his teammates to go ahead to which they didn't argue and left. "So practicing with the NEW team huh? are you sure they are that good?" He said as he walked towards her. " what does he mean? doesn't he know that we are 2 times world champions already ?" Dizzy said annoyed before Kenny could shush her. "Oh, that's because we weren't part of the championship then, right Arvi ?" He said smirk never leaving his face.

"What do you want Brooklyn?" Arvi frowned. "What I want?" he laughed "You aren't capable of giving me what I want." he added. "Then leave." The cold voice said, making him turn around. "there he is, the captain." Brooklyn said, clapping his hands. " Kai, let's jus..." Arvi said as she took his hand in hers to pull him away from Brooklyn. "you know what? you can do one thing why don't you betray them at this crucial time? that would be really like a cakewalk for you, your area of expertise." Brooklyn laughed but before he could figure out his surroundings he was pinned to the nearby wall in the air, Kai grabbing his collar.

" Kai... leave him." Arvi rushed forward shocked by the sudden change of events. " Kai, please... just leave him, leave him." She said as she came between them pulling his hands away from Brooklyn. "Another word against her and I swear you will be dead meat." Kai said his voice cold as ice to which Brooklyn just stared at them in a daze, too shook to react, Kai took a step near him again when Arvi pulled him away from Brooklyn dragging him out of the hall with her.

"What was that for?" Arvi said, annoyed. "What do you mean? didn't you hear him?" Kai fumed "He is trying to do that intentionally don't you get that? just ignore him." Arvi rolled her eyes. "I will once he gets it from me, nobody can talk to you like that... nobody talks to my teammates like that." Kai said as he slammed his fist on the nearby wall making Arvi jump a little. "okay... calm down all right, just relax." Arvi said as he rubbed her hand on his shoulder.

"How can you just pretend nothing happened?" Kai frowned at her. " Because I don't care, I don't care what he thinks of me, he is not that important just let him be ok ?" She sighed. " and you don't have to care about what people say about me either." she added to which Kai looked hurt. " yeah, whatever. I don't care." he said as he shook her hand off from his shoulder and kicked the wall hard before he left.

"so we aren't going to train today ?" Tyson said as he came out rubbing his eyes to which Max smiled embarrassedly. " He is still sleepy, I will just take him inside." he said, pulling Tyson in. "You guys continue, I will be back, we need to change our training room." Arvi said to which Ray nodded.