Part 22

Chapter 22

" wh..why are you crying.. .hey I won't tell anyone... I am not saying it's your fault... Why are you crying ?? please I am sorry hey..." Kai pulled his hand back, he knew he was bad at consoling people he didn't know what to do, he didn't want to hurt her.

"you look funny. " Arvi chuckled between her tears as she saw the horrified look on Kai's face, "you think it's funny? I thought you..." Kai frowned " well I am crying but your face is making me laugh, it's not my fault." Arvi said between her sobs while Kai searched his pockets.

"Here. " he forwarded his tie for her. " what is this ?" she asked, looking at him confused. " I cannot find my handkerchief, so you can just use my tie to wipe your tears, I don't like people crying in front of me." Kai pouted making Arvi laugh. " sure thank you so much." she said as she wiped her tears from his tie trying hard to control her laugh now.

"Does it hurt ?" Kai asked after a while " what ?" Arvi asked confused " having your bit beast trapped inside your body? " Kai said looking away, "A little, in the beginning it was a nightmare but now it's ok." she said, smiling to which Kai smiled at her. " oh my god, is this really happening? WE are having a normal conversation and YOU are smiling at me." Arvi said dramatically cupping her face to which Kai chuckled rolling his eyes.

"Did you hear that ?" Arvi said, jumping up from her seat. " Someone is crying " she said looking around. " Over there " Kai said, pointing into the bushes, they could see the red-headed boy running away " Tala??" they said in unison. " what's up with him ?" Arvi asked, confused. " i...how would I know ?" Kai said looking away. " you do know I can see that on your face. " Arvi frowned trying to put pieces together. " Oh my god!! He is crushing over you." Arvi said her eyes widened.

"Shhh.." Kai hushed her as he placed his palm over her mouth to which she blinked innocently. "I don't know why " He whispered as they walked back " even I don't know why? for someone like you? how could he ?" Arvi chuckled " yeah, after all, I am good for nothing." Kai said, playing along. " hey!! you aren't playing this right!! you cannot talk like that about yourself!!" Arvi frowned. "yeah? maybe I don't want to play it right anymore." He replied, cocking his brow.

"so what are you going to do about it ? do you like him too ?" Arvi said as she grinned ear to ear " he is my childhood friend but I have never looked at him like that." Kai said as he rubbed his temple " and now you don't want him to be hurt neither do you wish to lose your friendship right ?" She said calmly to which he nodded.

"You know what, it does not always help to be reserved. It gives people away from that you have something to hide, instead give people some real non-relevant information so they can't even doubt that you even have secrets, like an illusion." she said " that's what your special attack is ILLUSION. Kai said, looking at her impressed. " you figured that out !!" Arvi smirked, "impressive!!"Kai whispered, raising his brow.

" I know I am." Arvi said, nodding her head to which Kai laughed. " Okay now I might just faint, Kai Hiwatari laughing with me lemme breath, am I hallucinating ?" Arvi said slamming her hands on her mouth " ouch " the next moment regretting it as it hurt. " dumbo." Kai whispered as he rubbed her chin making Arvi look at his crimson eyes. " umm I think we should go." Arvi said as the situation became awkward for both of them " yeah sure!" Kai said as he took quick steps towards the exit.