Part 15

Chapter 15

She tried to focus on where she was, her brain seemed not to respond to anything, the pain was unbearable. She opened her eyes using all her will and strength "Everything feels like Asylum all over again." She muttered trying to pull herself up. " so you were trained in Asylum too." she heard him saying, she looked up trying hard to ignore her headache, Kai stood there resting himself on the window.

" Where am I ?" She said looking around. "Room, you fainted after the battle." Kai said as he walked up to her and all the flashbacks of battle came back rushing to her. "Did I win?" she asked him gaining control over herself. "huh, you wish." Kai narrowed his gaze. "So I leave ?" She said raising her brow "no, because you didn't lose either. We cooperate plus I can not ask the fifth member of our team to leave when we have a championship to win." He said as he sat on his bed.

"fifth member?" Arvi asked, horrified. " yeah that's you by the way if you weren't able to get that before." He replied, closing his eyes. "I told you I don't blade, find your team another blader because I am not in." Arvi said as she got up from the bed with a jerk. " aah!! Damn it!!" She winched with pain that shot up in her body immediately. "You are not totally fine yet, don't get up." He said making her sit on the bed again "and for your information, it wasn't my idea, but of the rest of the team and we didn't have much time to think so Tyson entered your name, If it was in my hands I wouldn't have picked you even if you were the last blader available." Kai said looking at her. "If you didn't want me to be in your team, why didn't you stop Tyson before?? it's not like you couldn't say no to him." She glared at him.

"Well I would have, but I got to know this after he sent the names to officials." Kai replied "There is no way I am going to blade, so it will be better if you take my name back. " Arvi said looking away "It's too late for that now, if you take your name back the whole team will be disqualified." Kai said, glaring at her "What rubbish?!!" Arvi said as she picked up her laptop to check it herself.

"I was unconscious for a whole day ?" She said as she looked back at him.

"It's too late now, just come around with us as 5th blader you won't get to blade anyway it's best of 3 and we are already 5. " Kai said before leaving the room.

"You fine?" Ray asked as he saw her in the kitchen "Better." she smiled at him.

"You know I used to think you and Kai are poles apart, but I was wrong. " He said. "Obviously we are poles apart." She said confused. "No. You two are not that different you see, you both care for people a lot, you both are brilliant bladders, you both have your share of secrets, you both are so well with hiding your emotions, it's just you guys have different ways to do that." Ray said, smiling at her to which she looked at him.

"Hey Ray, I just came as a manager. I didn't think it was important to tell you guys that I blade plus I left blading years ago, I didn't have any intentions to hide all this from you guys." She said looking at Ray.

"Another thing in common, you both are good liars." Ray smiled sadly at her. " Ray.." she said but he left.

"I am sorry." she muttered "We are not similar." Kai whispered to himself as he left the kitchen door too without being noticed.