01- Remember me?

••••

Caroline Mclaren sucked at skating and everyone knew it. She was a sucker for dares, so here she was standing outside the rollerblading rink.

"I can't believe you dared me to come back here. Was me busting my ass not enough for you last time?" Caroline quipped, looking at Kelsey.

Kelsey laughed, remembering back to a few months ago when they first brought Caroline. Caroline has tried so hard to skate, but eventually she gave up and just sprawled eagle in the middle of the rink. Kelsey cackled even more picturing the ordeal in her head.

"Well maybe that cute guy is still working here if you spread eagle again." Kelsey joked. Caroline gave her a death glare as she opened the door.

Kelsey paid for both of their bracelets and then led Caroline inside the rink. The neon lights made the place dimly lit. Kids and other teenagers screamed and roared with laughter as they showed off to their friends. A pit rose in Caroline's stomach, she definitely didn't want to be skating again. She was pretty sure she still had bruises from the last time.

"Kels, I can't do it!" Caroline shouted, panic stricken.

"Oh come on!" Kelsey replied, dragging her over to the rental booth.

Both girls got their rollerblades and sat to the side of the rental booth. Caroline was shaking by the time she had buckled up her rollerblades. She felt like she was going to be sick as Kelsey guided her into the rink.

"What if I take out a kid?" Caroline said, wobbling on the skates, almost splitting as Kelsey dragged her.

"Oh well!" Kelsey replied, laughing.

Caroline cringed as Kelsey pulled her along. Kelsey slowly let go and let her glide across the rink. At least it's dark if I crash and burn, Caroline thought to herself.

"Kelsey! I can't turn!" Carolina screamed, panicking again.

She was doing everything but skating at this point. The lights where still dim so no one could see her about to kill herself in the middle of the skating rink.

"Oh, fuck." Caroline mumbled as she collided into someone. The person, a guy by the sounds of their groaning, went down with her. She was pinned under him until he got up. As if the Devil was there himself, the lights came back on full brightness.

"Oh my God." Caroline whispered, hoping no workers recognized her. The person, who was in fact a guy, chuckled and stood up with help of his friend. "I'm so sorry! My friend let go of me."

"It's okay! I just learned to skate like 5 mini ago!" He replied, laughing. He stuck a hand out and helped Caroline to her feet. She finally looked at him and almost fell again.

"Is your name Brandon Arreaga by chance?" She asked, staring at him. He looked so much like the Brandon she knew from home.

"Yeah? That's me!" He replied, a smile spreading accent his face.

"You probably don't remember me, my name is Caroline Mclaren. We went to school together." She said. She watched as realization crossed his face. It had dawned on him, they used to spend long hours together during music class and after school lessons. She was one of the main reasons he got into music production. He hadn't spoke to her in years and he definitely hadn't expected to run into her in Phoenix of all places.

••••