09- Date or Apology Dinner?

••••

Caroline finished packing the rest of her makeup up and zipped her luggage. Kelsey was already waiting for her in the hall. Zion had calmed down a considerable amount since fighting with Kelsey, but he was still didn't want her at the house.

"You ready?" Caroline asked, walking into the hall holding her luggage.

"Yeah, quicker I get out the better." Kelsey replied.

"Did you tell Nick you'd see him later?" Caroline asked, smirking at her.

"I haven't spoke to him since early this morning. He's been avoiding me." Kelsey shrugged, following her down the stairs.

Caroline has noticed his absence at breakfast after everything had calmed down. Edwin has helped Caroline pick a hotel close to the things they wanted to do with the time they had left and Brandon offered to drive them. Zion and Austin has already told them they'd see them later on as they walked out the house with Simba, but Nick hadn't came around at all. Brandon was waiting by the door to load their bags.

"Is Nick okay?" Caroline asked Brandon as she walked outside with him.

"Pretty sure he left after the fight broke out. He probably went to the studio to record some stuff or went shopping." Brandon shrugged.

Caroline let it go since he didn't seem to be concerned about him. He finished loading their bags and waited for them to get in. Caroline could tell Kelsey was bothered by Nick. She wasn't talking much or cracking sex jokes like she normally did. Brandon nor Caroline spoke much during the ride to the hotel.

The hotel was nice, but not as nice as the Indigo. Kelsey checked them in while Caroline and Brandon unloaded their bags into a cart. He then helped them up to their room.

"Hey, before I go, I wanted to ask you something." He said, pulling Caroline aside in the hallway.

"Sure. What is it?" She asked, a smile spread on her face.

"Would you let me take you to dinner tonight?" He asked, hopefully.

"Depends. Is this a date or a 'I'm sorry I was a dick the past six years' apology dinner?" She asked, smirking.

His face instantly fell. She was still holding a grudge even after the talk they had. He really couldn't blame her though. Maybe a weekend just wasn't enough time for her to even began to forgive him, but he was determined to make her start to question how she felt.

"Whatever you want it to be, Princess. Either way, be ready at 7 and wear something fancy." He smiled, winking at her.

"Where are you taking me for this date? She asked, leaning against the wall.

"It's a surprise. Did you bring anything fancy to wear?" He asked, smiling at her.

"I'm sure if I didn't, Kelsey has some provocative dress I can wear." Caroline winked.

"Don't temp me, Care." He said, biting his lip.

She watched as he walked down the hall. He glanced back at her as he got in the elevator. She waved to him as the elevator doors shut closed.

"God Caroline, get it together." She mumbled as she walked back in the hotel room where Kelsey was smirking. "What?"

"You right, I got something provocative for you wear all right." Kelsey smirked, letting a bubble of laughter out.

"Oh my God! I was joking. Don't you dare pull out that dress." Caroline yelled.

Kelsey had packed a black body on dress with the side cut out. She wore it a lot, but Caroline wouldn't be caught dead in that dress. Kelsey knew she wouldn't wear it either.

"I got other options! I won't be needing any of them for the rest of the trip anyway." Kelsey shrugged, unzipping her suitcase and beginning to dig through it.

"Nick will come around." Caroline said, hoping she wasn't lying to herself.

"Nah, he blocked me on everything." Kelsey sighed.

Caroline huffed in response. As much as she wanted to go out with Brandon, she knew Kelsey would need her more.

"Why don't we have a girls night? Find you a new hookup?" Caroline suggested.

"No! I'm fine really! Plus, Austin's taking me to some restaurant that is only in LA and only has chicken and waffles ." Kelsey reassured her. "We have to get you ready for your date night."

"Do you think it's a date? Or just two friend catching up?" Caroline asked.

"Definitely a date! Girl, he is trying to win you over in 3 days. Fucking forget Levi and cuff this man!" Kelsey screamed, excitement filling her voice.

Caroline's face instantly dropped. She had totally forgot about Levi, which was probably a horrible sign for their relationship. She hadn't thought about him once or the fact she needed to tell Brandon about him.

••••